PDA

View Full Version : Pic's of my Dodge.

Nozzleman
06-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Some people had asked months ago for some pictures of my truck and I finally got the film developed today. The truck is a 03' 2500 SLT with the High Ouput Cummins/ auto transmission and a E-Z Dumper. I also have a 8' Fisher plow that goes on it but you need to go to Plowsite to see those pictures.

Heres one.

Nozzleman
06-08-2003, 09:29 PM
Heres another with side boards.

Nozzleman
06-08-2003, 09:39 PM
One last photo with the trailer hooked up.

BSDeality
06-08-2003, 09:51 PM
looks good! How's the diesel running and how do you like the ez dumper?

Nozzleman
06-08-2003, 10:27 PM
The Cummins has been flawless to date and it has about 4,000 miles on it. The only problem I had was a bad front shock absorber that was fixed under warrenty.

I love the E-Z that is why I traded my first 03' 2500 quad cab short bed Cummins in. I got the first one last September and in the fall I was :angry: :angry: for getting another stupid shortbed to do this kind of work so I bit the bullet and ordered the silver one. I liked ordering because I got the truck speced out the way I wanted it and not what the dealer thought would "sell good".

My first 03' had 8,000 miles on it when I traded it and that Cummins was also flawless and I worked that truck hard plowing this winter. It plowed for 18 hours straight in a 18-20'' blizzard and she begged for more.:D

Also, I know I could have got a 6.5 E-Z Dumper instead of ordering a new truck but it still would have only been a short bed.

GLS
06-09-2003, 05:57 PM
Have you gotten much use out of the ez dumper yet? I use mine all of the time a love it. Couldn't go without one ever again:)

Here's a pic of my ez dumper.

Nozzleman
06-09-2003, 07:02 PM
OryanO, I use the E-Z all the time. This spring with the rain we have been having the grass is growing like wildfire so I am bagging alot and by the end of the day I am much happier pushing a button to unload the clippings than using the old pitchfork method.

crazygator
06-09-2003, 10:37 PM
Hey guys,
I have been thinking about an ez dump too. What kind of cost are we talking about?

I just got a new (used, but new to me) toy as well. 2000 Dodge 2500 4x4 long bed with Cummings. What an awesome truck. What did I ever do without it?..:D

http://www.lighthouseimages.com/1-dodge.jpg

Tx Firefighter
06-09-2003, 10:53 PM
HO Cummins, 6 speed manual trans, 505 lb/ft of torque. I'll never own another gas truck, ever!
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/user_gallery/sizeimage.php?&photoid=3697&width=2

Gator look at those emblems on your door, there is no "G" in Cummins.

crazygator
06-10-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Tx Firefighter
Gator look at those emblems on your door, there is no "G" in Cummins.

Your right, but its a spelling mistake!

But then again your wrong. There is a "G" in Cummins....... GO and GAS MILEAGE! :D

Nozzleman
06-10-2003, 07:51 PM
My E-Z was $2150 installed that included the optional headboard and roller tarp.

crazygator
06-11-2003, 01:06 AM
Thanks Nozzleman.

How much lift capacity, and is yours steel or aluminum?

HarryD
06-11-2003, 12:00 PM
Damm look at all them dodges think ill throw mine into the mix

HarryD
06-11-2003, 12:02 PM
and my gear

Nozzleman
06-11-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by crazygator
Thanks Nozzleman.

How much lift capacity, and is yours steel or aluminum?

It's the regular steel unit. I forget the actual lift capacity it's either 5,000 or 6,000 pounds.

Woody82986
06-16-2003, 12:37 AM
Ok boys. Harry D has the best truck of the group. I am just guessing but I bet he has an automatic which is fine in a Ford but if you are going to buy a 3/4 or 1 ton Dodge, the smart money is on a standard transmission. Oh yeah and never ever buy a first or second year model. The bugs crawl like crazy in those things. You just haven't driven one quite long enough yet Nozzleman. My friends transmission fell straight the heck out on the highway while driving at exactly 9001 miles. This happened 4 times to guys who brought new Dodge 3/4 tons into the local dealership. Every one of the trucks was within 500 miles of the 9000 mark. Gotta go with a First On Race Day in my opinion. Just thought I would give you a little heads up warning on those new Dodges.

Nozzleman
06-16-2003, 09:14 PM
Woody, I have never heard of a transmission falling out of a new Dodge. You sure some Ford nut did'nt go down to the Dodge dealer at night and loosen the trans bolts up on these Dodges:rolleyes: .

All kidding aside this is my second 03' Dodge Cummins and except for a bad shock in my current one I have had no trouble at all. My first 03' had the weaker 47re trans mated to the standard output Cummins and that truck pushed some serious snow this winter without a glitch.

IMHO the Cummins is the best Diesel offered in a pickup and with the nightmare stories I am hearing about Fords new 6.0 Powerstroke I feel that much more comfortable with my decision.

I agree to some extent that a "first year" run of a new model can have some bug's but besides the above mentioned shock both of mine have been great. Also, I belong to a dodge/Cummins website and the guy's over there have reported very few problems and they are a pretty honest group.

whether you love or hate Dodge trucks you should respect them because Dodge has raised the bar with this truck. Also Ford better wake up because if they keep going down the path their on some of the loyal Ford buyers will start looking elswhere.

Here is my first Dodge It was loaded with leather and all the goodies but belive it or not I like the silver one better.

Woody82986
06-16-2003, 11:37 PM
To each, his own! I guess everyone will swear by at least one of the big three! Oh well, I love Ford's. Never had any problems and neither have my friends, but you will hear the same thing from the Dodge lover and the Chevy lover too. Well, maybe not the Chevy lover...... ! Whether I would buy one or not though Nozzleman, I must say your truck is looking pretty nice.

HarryD
06-17-2003, 10:47 PM
I dont care what path ford takes I will follow it to the end. I love me ford :)

WildSide
06-29-2003, 03:26 AM
Hey nozzleman,

I have a stupid question, is your truck 4wd?

Nozzleman
06-29-2003, 08:27 PM
Yes, the truck is a 4X4.

Strawbridge Lawn
07-08-2003, 02:49 AM
EZ DUMP QUESTION: How many Cubic yards of mulch or top soil
will they carry? Not sure to go with the EZ or a larger dump.

GLS
07-08-2003, 08:47 PM
The ez dumper will hold 2 cubic yards of material level with the top. With my sideboards, I can hold 5 yards.

Nozzleman
07-08-2003, 09:12 PM
OryanO, is pretty accurate with his numbers. However, it is good practice not to exceed the GVW of your truck which is very easy to do when carrying a load of damp mulch or topsoil.

For example my truck has a 9000# GVW but the actual allowable payload is only around 2,500 pounds due to the fact it's a diesel/4X4 which results in a high curb weight. Also, the dumper weighs around 750lbs so that reduces my "legal" carrying capacity minus the dumper to under 1 ton. In reality, with my Timbrens in the rear I will haul 3 yards of mulch, a yard of loam, or a load of grass/leaves with ease. But, if you intend to frequently haul 2 or more yards of soil or 5 or more yards of mulch then a 1 ton dump is what you really want.

Company5
08-23-2003, 10:59 PM
Think I'll bring this one back up to the top!
I got a 2002 2500 4x4 QC LB reg 5.9LTD Auto. Like the truck and the Cummins is a real "truck" engine, "I-6". Forty percent less parts than the Ford. The truck will probably just fall apart around the motor. Lots of room under the hood to work unlike the Ford. I change the oil, fuel filters myself. Only use the Stratapore filters from Cummins.
But.... I was looking at trucks today. Thought about getting a 1 ton dually. Went to a very large Ford/Dodge dealer in Winder GA (Akins). Truth be known, I'd love to have a real crew cab (Ford) but the 3-4 thousand price difference is hard to swallow and they don't have much of any incentives on the Superduty. They pretty much sell all they make. One thing I found misleading about the Ford is that the 6.0 Powerstroke is advertised as having 325hp. Makes it sound as though it is the most powerful engine in a p/u? Well according to the book, that hp rating is at 3300 rpm. I don't think the normal operating rpm is in the 3000s, more like 2000. In contrast, the new HO Cummins has 305hp at 1440 rpm, which is an rpm were you can actually use it. Chevy's hp comes on at a high rpm also. The sad part is the auto in the Dodge is not the transmission to have. One friend at the FD had his go out two days ago. I know 3 other people who had problems with theirs, all before 100,000 miles.
Come, someone tell me Dodge stinks, I know you can.:D

goodbeus
08-24-2003, 07:02 AM
Nozzleman,

You had the 2500 quad cab with the Cummins diesel...what kinda gas mileage did you get pulling the trailer...I'm currently looking at a 2-wheel drive model and I'm comparing the diesel with the hemi...

Nozzleman
08-25-2003, 01:50 PM
goodbeus,

I can not give you any accurate towing figures since I only had the truck a short time and the engine was not even broken in before I traded it. However, I consistently produced 21 mpg cruising at 75 mph on the highway and 15-16 mpg around town.

The Cummins diesel is a great engine and it will no doubt do better in the fuel mileage department so if the funds are available get the diesel.

henrich
08-27-2003, 01:02 PM
I really get a kick out of the pictures of you pickups pulling trailers. Looks like you spent all of your money on the pickup and nothing for a trailer. Keep in mind, you want the comfort and luxury of the pickup but a good looking trailer is important also. They are just as deductible as you pickup and infact they do more of the work, they haul everything. After all, if your like me you don't want to scratch the inside of your truck bed even if it is a work truck. God gave us a lot of good things, we need to take care of them all.

GLS
08-27-2003, 03:57 PM
Let's see your rig henrich

Quote from "how wide..." thread
I have a super-crew so

Maybe you don't need the nicest truck, but you want one that will last. How often do you tow a 20' trailer with a skid steer and attatchments with a half ton supercrew? or did you mean crew cab?

landscapingpoolguy
08-27-2003, 07:16 PM
hey guys,

I have an easy dumper too......this is a 95 dodge ram 1500, with a 318 magnum auto and air and power everything .... piad about 9000 for it... and i cant kill it yet......i can carry 2 yards of topsoil and stone or 4 yards of mulch leaves or grass.....i also take pallets of pavers and stone in the back of this thing with no problem...oh yea i have air lift springs in the rear and a dana 60 axle too:D LOL this has been a great truck but im retiring it to only grass duties from here on out...i have graduated on to looking for a big dump like an international or NPR. word to the wise guys your truck will get beat up if your using them for any real work...... i wouldnt use my brand new truck for work so i can dent scratch and destroy the interior with my boots.... or what about when the guy at the mulch yard drops gravel half on your cab and half in your bed.....Just thinking what a shame it would be to mess up a new truck.. well good luck guys

enjoy your easy dumper

Chuck
Perfect Property Services Inc.

Nozzleman
08-28-2003, 09:14 PM
Nice Dodge. I do have to make one little comment though regarding your rear axle. Unless you have swapped out the factory rear axle for a Dana 60, which by looking at the photo it appears you have not, then you have the corporate 9 1/4 axle. All 1500's came factory with the semi floating 9 1/4 you need to go up to the 2500 to get a factory Dana 60.