PDA

View Full Version : New commercial Snapper question

spobubba
06-09-2003, 03:20 PM
Just picked up a new commercial snapper 21 with 6 hp robin engine, high vac mower. Tried it out at the home this weekend and noticed a problem with the cut. The mower didn't cut portions of the grass that were matted down by the wheels. I have the high lift blade installed. The grass was a little damp, but not wet. Although I was mowing very fast (5th and 6th gear), I thought the mower would have no problems with the high lift blade and hi vac nature of mower.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to correct this? I don't have the problem with my JX75 mower, even mowing in 5th gear.

robin 2
06-10-2003, 09:01 PM
I have used the snapper commercial mowers ever since I started mowing. I always mow in the sixth gear. I mow bermuda in the second notch and fescue in the fourth and I don't have any problems. If you are cutting really tall grass that could keep from cutting where the tires were. I am sure you have done this, but check the blade and make sure all the wheels are in the same notch. A new one the other day had the self propelled pulley, under the deck above the blade come loose but didn't screw up the cut. Maybe your are just cutting to wide new employees always do this until they get a couple of *** chewings under their belts. Other than those thing I am completely lost on the subject. Hope this kind of helps let us know what happened.

spobubba
06-10-2003, 10:48 PM
Thanks Robin,

I think its just a case of mowing too wide. Tried to get it done as fast as I could and got sloppy. Onlyh had the problem in really tall grass.