06-09-2003, 09:59 PM
Well I am hopin that I can do this,

stick9
06-09-2003, 10:00 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... yeah.

stick-NIne

BSDeality
06-09-2003, 10:02 PM
mmk, i see the guy with the trimmer, mower and rake, but what is that to the left?

fblandscape
06-09-2003, 10:03 PM
Back pack blower.

bastalker
06-09-2003, 10:11 PM
The crew....We might look rough around the edges.....But people luv our work....:D

bastalker
06-09-2003, 10:12 PM
some accounts.......

bastalker
06-09-2003, 10:13 PM
couple houses we do side by side...

bastalker
06-09-2003, 10:16 PM
The back yard....

bastalker
06-09-2003, 10:19 PM
an another...

bastalker
06-09-2003, 10:21 PM
last one..:D

hubb
06-09-2003, 10:31 PM
Looks good fellas. Who done your shirts and how much were they? (if you don't mind me askin'):cool:

DLCS
06-09-2003, 10:42 PM
All looks good. I like the shirts, something different besides just the normal logos and such.:)

bastalker
06-09-2003, 10:50 PM
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by hubb Looks good fellas. Who done your shirts and how much were they? (if you don't mind me askin'):cool:

place up the street....we got 24 shirts, an 6 hats for around $300

lawncare3
06-09-2003, 11:05 PM
I really like them but, won't yall get hot in those there black shirts? :p

bastalker
06-09-2003, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lawncare3
[B]I really like them but, won't yall get hot in those there black shirts? :p

we have grey ones for the summer;)

promower
06-10-2003, 12:15 AM
I like the shirts to, but I dont think I could be in the sun all day with a black shirt on

Green in Idaho
06-13-2003, 06:12 PM
Mark,

May I offer some positive criticism?

If you know the crew looks a little rough on the edges, why not tidy up a bit? Just tucking in shirts looks much better and all four having the same shirt gives a pro look. Hats on properly instead of gangsta style helps too.

As for the stripes-- look at pic of two properties side by side. In the one on the right the angle of the stripes changes at the planter bed.

And what is "affordable" lawn care? What if you decide to raise prices (significantly) in three years?

Nice to see you got the digital working. Good d. I look forward to the pictures.

From one Mark to another...:D

Ajays
06-13-2003, 06:40 PM
I agree with green in Idaho, Everything looks great... just work on the rough edges. Profesionalism sells more than anything else and alows you to command more money.

BSDeality
06-13-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Green in Idaho
Mark,

Hats on properly instead of gangsta style helps too.

wearing a hat backwards is gangsta? sorry, no, "gangsta" would be wearing a do-rag, fubu's, timberlands that have never seen anything but pavement and a bling bling watch

roscioli
06-13-2003, 11:32 PM
Hats on backwards were "gangster" in the early 90's, and are still seen to be "gangster" now by many people... it is simply that some people adopt the "gangster" styles a little late, and think it makes them look tough.

Toroguy
06-13-2003, 11:40 PM
Yo, those are my peeps! I think those boyz must be the Mexican Mafia, or maybe bodyguards for Death Row Records?

Nice pictures Bastalker.

bastalker
06-14-2003, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the constructive critisizm guys.... We have all the accounts we need, and are at the point of being real picky with who we take on.

Guess the clients care about our work more than what we look like...:D :drinkup:

Doogiegh
06-14-2003, 08:31 PM
Here's my 2 cents.

The whole crew should have the tan pants like the guy on the far right side. Looks way better than the totally dirty jeans that the guy on the left has on.

Have all of them wear hats the right way.

And the necklaces come off, not hanging out. Tucking in is no, good, I consider them to be a safety hazzard. Then I think that would sharpen the entire look up quite a bit, all shirts tucked in, you're good to go.

Green in Idaho
06-14-2003, 08:49 PM
While the work is fine it is also important to consider all apects of a pro business.

Say the third fellow in the pic was mowing a front lawn in my neighborhood and I just moved in. What is my impression when I see him? Is that the kid of the house mowing or is he with a lawn crew? I certainlyl can't tell by looking at him. Have you ever been asked "Do you mow lawns?" while standing next to your equipment? There is a reason....

They care more about the work than what you look like???

Based on surveys I've done average people care mostly about the price. And affluent people CARE mostly about WHO is on their property and their professionalism. If you don't think that's true, raise your price 20%.
-Raise your prices and you will lose accounts-gtd.
-Lower your quality and you will lose accounts-gtd.
-Same prices same quality and improve your image and you will get more accounts - guaranteed!. And you will be able to raise your prices with less of an impact. I've seen it work several times.

A clean professional image goes a LONG way.

I understand it takes a major effort and cost for that image. Just like getting the shirts and caps in the first place. You did that to improve your image right? And it does a lot. That's a great move. Regardless of weird the logo is or the color the fact you have a uniform shirt tells me you are a business and not just 'dudes' mowing grass.

And there are other simple things that don't cost anything that can help too.

Good luck.

bastalker
06-14-2003, 09:56 PM
Ok Green in Idaho....Now your critisizm was good once, but....

These surveys you took about raising prices 20%, losing clients.

Reducing the quality of work...losing clients

Well I dont need to do a survey to tell you that will happen. Its pretty obvious....

I charge fair prices and do good work. I dont need to raise my prices, since I am getting top dollar now.

If you think you need collars, shirts tucked in, and matchin hats to make a biz work.....great....Ring the doorbell and the butler will hand ya the check...

I have ALREADY made my biz work. My clients think I am the best thing since sliced bread. I can pick whatever clients I want now since I am not really looking.

They dont even care if a cig is hangin out my mouth when cuttin with the lazer.

The surveys I have taken leads me to believe that my clients dont give a **** what we look like.... Cause the people are droppin there old lco's an callin us cause they seen our yards..Damn I'm gonna post them moon shots anyways...;) :rolleyes:

Green in Idaho
06-14-2003, 11:22 PM
Cool. Happy mowing. :)

brucec32
06-18-2003, 01:41 AM
Very nice work, but the image would be a problem around here.

And nobody ever is making "top dollar" if they could charge more for the same work.

Tuck the shirts in.
Pick a color not associated with AC/DC and heavy metal, which is associated with the rocknroll lifestyle of craziness and antiestablishment, not tidy orderly stuff like neatly trimmed lawns. Much of the market is retired people and corporate types. Hardly anti-establishment.
Lose the bling bling ...safety hazard too
Same color pants/shorts would be nice.
Asking the impossible, some uncool but customer-friendly haircuts would be good for business, too.

You'd probably be able to charge 10% more from new customers. But to each his own. If it works for you and makes you happy, money isn't everything.