PDA

View Full Version : What is the problem with women?

Bluesteel
06-10-2003, 12:40 AM
Seems like women have a tendency to cut branches with a 3”-4” stub. Those things are LEATHAL. I almost pierced my scalp today mowing with my Stander going under a Pin Oak limb that had a 3” Branch-Stub that had been pruned at an nasty angle.

I’ve noticed women tend to leave these wicked stubs rather than clip branches close to the fork on a regular basis. I don’t give a rip about what’s best for the tree. Those camouflaged branch-stubs should be outlawed!

bobbygedd
06-10-2003, 01:03 AM
whats the problem with women? my friend, if i start typing now, the sun will come up before im done. so, i wont even start. got grass to cut in the am.

DLCS
06-10-2003, 01:06 AM
Whats the problem with women?

If that isn't a loaded question, I don't know what is.

Bobby,

couldn't have said it better myself. ROFLMAO:D :D :p :p

GraZZmaZter
06-10-2003, 01:07 AM
yeah same here....the list would go on for eons!

Bluesteel
06-10-2003, 01:08 AM
So are you guys saying they're trying to kill me???

LAWNGODFATHER
06-10-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Bluesteel
So are you guys saying they're trying to kill me???

I hear ya......

I just take the lopping shears and go a bit higher myself.

If they come out and complain, I tell them it's an OSHA thing.

Rustic Goat
06-10-2003, 04:15 AM
You can't seriously be asking that question here, there'd be a worldwide computer melt down if we all got in to that one.
Expect the illogical.

cos
06-10-2003, 05:08 AM
I hear ya. Sometimes I feel like smacking my girlfriend around. She does some of the off the wall things sometimes.

J/K about the smacking around. :D (She might be reading)

jeffex
06-10-2003, 06:36 AM
Either your not married or your wife never reads your posts! Dead man typing!!

Dan's lawn care
06-10-2003, 10:48 AM
If they come out and complain, I tell them it's an OSHA thing. [/B][/QUOTE]:D

crazygator
06-10-2003, 11:37 AM
Bluesteel,
I think its just you! :D

UGA
06-10-2003, 11:41 AM
OSHA; LOL!

Green in Idaho
06-10-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Bluesteel
Seems like women have a tendency to cut branches with a 3”-4” stub.
Maybe it's a Freudian thing and they are making fun of you. :D

Just as many men do the same mistake...

BTW did the tree MOVE while you were approaching it? First time on that lawn or what?

You wrote you "You don't care what's best for the tree". Do YOU know what's best for the tree???

Runner
06-10-2003, 12:46 PM
If you have a girlfriend or wife, I'd be careful at what you write on here, or else you may wake up one morning and see discover that a tree branch isn't the ONLY thing that can be cut off to a stud! :rolleyes:

bobbygedd
06-10-2003, 01:19 PM
go ahead, cut it off, im done using it anyhow.

cos
06-10-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by bobbygedd
go ahead, cut it off, im done using it anyhow.

Or, don't get to use it? LOL

lawncare3
06-10-2003, 02:14 PM
They do NOT know what there doing! :rolleyes:

That's the problem. ;)

Evan528
06-10-2003, 07:26 PM
None of my female customers would even dream of cutting branches off those dirty trees!!! They might chip a nail! Besides....this would cut into there shopping time during the day!

fblandscape
06-10-2003, 09:46 PM
I don't see what the problem is? Why not use this as a selling point?

AztlanLC
06-10-2003, 10:49 PM
I don't think I could tell who cut it, it coul've been the husband or a friend, do you actually know it?

LGF, Pretty good idea about OSHA.

I always carry a hand prunner in my ZTR, every time I see a branch hanging with the possible danger on me or my workers it gets cut, it's stated in my contracts as well.

also read twice what Green in Idaho wrote.

Bluesteel
06-11-2003, 12:06 AM
Green in Idaho must be a woman. Or at least has lace on their shorts.

1grnlwn
06-11-2003, 12:32 AM
I think the subtle point was that a properly trimmed branch will not pose a hazard to mowing or trimming personell. Since a properly trimmed branch will terminate at a branch Y or the branch collar. It is funny how the ignorant tree trimmer will cut a small branch in half, like he/she is doing nature a big favor by not cutting the whole limb. Only to see that branch die in 6 months to a year. The worst is evergreens because they look so soft untill you ram a body part into it and get a good poke.

fblandscape
06-11-2003, 03:56 AM
If I had a landscaper working at my house cutting the grass and they cut a branch on one of my trees because "it was in my way" they would be fired and depending on the severity of damage, be looking at possible legal action. DO NOT cut anything without telling the customer you are going to cut it, unless that is what you are specifically there to do.

Rustic Goat
06-11-2003, 04:33 AM
Calm down, I would think it is SOP to advise customer of any 'extra' pruning going on. The subject here is branch stubs anyway, not whole growing limbs.
I've certain customers on the books long enough now that actually expect me to take care of any minor thing like that anyway.

Bluesteel
06-11-2003, 08:59 AM
LOL @ fblandscape

I’m sure one day you’ll get the point. For some strange reason, I regard my physical well-being as slightly more important than dead tree branch stubs. Hopefully you won’t lose an eye or have to suffer brain damage to get this point in your head.