PDA

View Full Version : 44" Toro Z-Master Stripes

NCSULandscaper
06-10-2003, 03:34 PM
Just finished building the stripe kit for my 44" Z Master.

lawnranger44
06-10-2003, 04:08 PM
looks awesome!!!!! great job!:)

turfcare
06-10-2003, 04:11 PM
Looks good! I am thinking about putting one on my 62" Toro. How di you make yours?

BobR
06-10-2003, 07:37 PM
¿¿¿ rubberband - roller or brush, which did you use ???

BobR

NCSULandscaper
06-10-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by turfcare
Looks good! I am thinking about putting one on my 62" Toro. How di you make yours?

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35591&highlight=stripe+kit

gogetter
06-10-2003, 11:48 PM
NCSU, looks great! So, how big of a difference is it from before the stripe kit? Slightly noticable? Very noticable?

NCSULandscaper
06-11-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by gogetter
NCSU, looks great! So, how big of a difference is it from before the stripe kit? Slightly noticable? Very noticable?

The mower didnt stripe at all before i installed the kit. So i say it made an incredible difference.

turfcare
06-11-2003, 09:06 AM
I appreciate the information, great job!

dwost
06-11-2003, 09:16 AM
NCSU, looks great!!! What height did you end up mounting your roller at? take the measurement when its sitting on a hard surface, I'd like to compare it to mine. Also what height are you cutting at? TIA

NCSULandscaper
06-11-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by dwost
NCSU, looks great!!! What height did you end up mounting your roller at? take the measurement when its sitting on a hard surface, I'd like to compare it to mine. Also what height are you cutting at? TIA

Right now it is between 3/8 and 1/2" above the ground. The grass in the pic was cut at 3". However after playing around with the roller i am going to lower the roller so it is touching the ground for more enhanced stripes. And to add a better anti-scalp roller for the deck also and the weight of the deck alone will lay the grass down better from what i have seen.

dwost
06-11-2003, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the info. Just a word of caution on lowering it. I did the same thing on mine. The sripes were a little better but not much. What did happen though is the deck moves up and down with every lttle imperfection in the lawn......you will find your deck bounces a lot more. I ended up raising it 3/4" off the ground and it still does a great job. My recommendation would be to leave it where it's at. Just my .02 but keep us posted on what you decide.

NCSULandscaper
06-13-2003, 01:47 PM
Just finished this lawn today.......

NCSULandscaper
06-13-2003, 01:49 PM
back yard......

polodogg1
06-13-2003, 10:29 PM
Hello friend, I have the same mower BTW love it . How did you build the stripe kit? Or should I buy it instead? Also do you have the stand for your Z-Master?If not what is best way to get it where I may be able to get under it?
Thanks for your post & reply. :)

NCSULandscaper
06-14-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by polodogg1
Hello friend, I have the same mower BTW love it . How did you build the stripe kit? Or should I buy it instead? Also do you have the stand for your Z-Master?If not what is best way to get it where I may be able to get under it?
Thanks for your post & reply. :)

Here is a link to the thread on how to build it

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread....ight=stripe+kit

Yes, i do have the stand for the front of it and let me say it is WELL worth the investment to have it. Makes it so much easier to change blades. Just go by your dealer and purchase pne and put it on yourself...took me about 10 minutes to install. I will post pics of the mower with the stand and stripe kit for you.

Envy Lawn Service
06-14-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by NCSULandscaper
I will post pics of the mower with the stand and stripe kit for you.

I'm looking forward to the mower pics! I'm interested to se how you installed your roller. Plus, I really need to have some sort of stand fabricated for my Z. It sure would make life easier for me. I either lift mine by hand and hold it up w/ a 4x4 cut to lenght or get it up another way that I'd hate t try and explain.

:dizzy:

NCSULandscaper
06-14-2003, 12:07 PM
Here is some pics of the stand for the toro........

NCSULandscaper
06-14-2003, 12:09 PM
stand extended........

NCSULandscaper
06-14-2003, 12:15 PM
side view.........

NCSULandscaper
06-14-2003, 12:31 PM
Envy, here is a closeup of how i attached the roller ot the mower. I would not use those metal brackets for lowes since they are not holding up, i would go to a local metal supplier and get some 1/8" flat.

polodogg1
06-15-2003, 02:17 PM
I tried to access the link to the thread on how to build the stripping kit it was not valid.
I would like to build one maybe you can help.

NCSULandscaper
06-15-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by polodogg1
I tried to access the link to the thread on how to build the stripping kit it was not valid.
I would like to build one maybe you can help.

I posted the same thread in an earlier reply that does work. If perhaps it doesnt work for you let me know and ill giv eyou instructions.

Envy Lawn Service
06-16-2003, 01:38 AM
So you just put that Z stand down, drive forward, it digs in sorta and lifts the mower? I need something like that. Something that will give me say 16" of lift. At that point, the rear is at or touching the ground.

Today I put a block under the rear of my trailer to keep it from squating and put one car ramp on the edge of the gate ramp. I drove up on it and got the front wheel on the other side about 16" off the ground. That worked out pretty well. But some sort of stand would be easier.

As for the stripes, they look good. I guess I'm the only one not amazed by the difference. But I guess that's because my stripes look like yours with no roller. I bought the 2.5" diameter roller and made it floating where it could roll freely making full contact with the ground. I used it until I tore it off on a tree root. The brackets were all mangled up.

NCSULandscaper
06-17-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Envy Lawn Service
So you just put that Z stand down, drive forward, it digs in sorta and lifts the mower?

Yup thats all you do. Then when you want to go back down you just lift the safety latch with your foot and go backwards.

polodogg1
06-17-2003, 08:23 AM
Thanks for your email NCSU however I still was not able to pull the page. If it is not too much could you please email the instructions. Thanks Polodogg1
Tampa, Fl.
2003 44 Toro Z Master
2003 Stihl Edger
92 F150
5 hp Yard Machine
*Craftsman Blower
*Craftsman 18" Saw
*Craftsman Weedwacker
* Original equiptment stolen

Envy Lawn Service
06-17-2003, 10:10 AM
Try this link http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35591

If that doesn't work just do a search by user for dwost.
You'll se a thread called REPOST! Striping Roller- How to build w/Pics.