PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer Guard?

turfcare
06-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Do you guys operate your trimmers with or without the guard?
Next question, Do you operate your ZTR mowers with the factory discharge shoot or guard on or off?

Jimbo
06-10-2003, 04:43 PM
Trimmer with guard, but modified to allow for longer string length.

ZTR- Discharge chute is in place but I have a bungee cord hooked to it so that I can change its position from the seat,

Jimbo

turfcare
06-10-2003, 04:47 PM
I do the same thing with my discharge chute. I put it down when I am around cars or people or when I think something cut fly out.

greenman
06-10-2003, 10:27 PM
How many times has this question been asked? Search. Hundreds of replies to this question.

chuckwk
06-10-2003, 11:03 PM
Here is a recent, memorable thread....

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46278&highlight=guard

turfcare
06-11-2003, 08:58 AM
greenman: Sorry to disturb you. If you don't like my question, then don't answer it.

Jimbo, Chuckwk: Thank you for your time and your replys!

dave80
06-11-2003, 12:37 PM
greenman: Sorry to disturb you. If you don't like my question, then don't answer it.

All that they are saying is that a number of questions can be answered by choosing the search function, which eliminates questions that are continuously being repeated. I don't really think that it's a matter of whether or not they like the question.

turfcare
06-11-2003, 04:34 PM
I understand what the search function is and what it is used for as I have used it many times. On this particular occasion I chose not to use it. I try not to talk about things that people have discussed before but this time I did not. SORRY!

Lombardi
06-11-2003, 05:01 PM
turfcare, don't worry about the guys telling you to do a search. if everyone did a search to find an answer then how would we get to read about new member's opinions and thoughts? You are correct in telling them not to answer if they don't like it. The subject matter is listed before they read it. I think it makes some people feel that they are superior to others when they order you to do a search.
Bungee cord on chute. Modify guard.

Jimmy348
06-11-2003, 05:14 PM
I stumbled upon this site by accident and I am extremely pleased with the result. Answers to questions, friendly discussion, useful comments and great information (also a great place to vent and debate issues that some may feel have no relevance).
My wife has nicknamed me "mower geek" due to the amount of time I spend on the site. But my question is where did the hospitality go? Seems as if a new guy posts a question he/she gets jumped on. Why is that?
In response to the original question for this post i feel that if you take the time to post something that tells a person to do a search then why not do the search yourself and give them a thread to find the information. I mean that is what the site is about isn't it. By the way, thanks for the bungee cord idea (learned something new today) :D

turfcare
06-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the replies Lombardi and Jimmy 348. I appreciate your time and comments.

GraZZmaZter
06-12-2003, 02:23 PM
No trimmer guard.

No discharge chute on mowers.

jason r.
06-12-2003, 08:53 PM
Yes to trimmer guard.
No to discharge chute( I mulch or bag)

fatboy5803
06-12-2003, 09:45 PM
Yes to trimmer guard, I mulch everything. I've never tried No trimmer guard, pro's & con's with it off??

Lou :cool:

GraZZmaZter
06-12-2003, 09:53 PM
see below.

stupid double posting %*$(#*%&%($)

GraZZmaZter
06-12-2003, 09:56 PM
Fatboy - Click on the thread by chuck up above, and go to the last post. Its me, and thats why i pitch trimmer guards when i buy a new trimmer.

I even tell you how youll know when you become a "REAL MAN". LOL

fatboy5803
06-12-2003, 10:06 PM
GraZZmaZter,,, I guess I'll just have to take my guard off and be a Man..... :cool:

GraZZmaZter
06-12-2003, 10:11 PM
Lou - Well it isnt that easy. You have to pass the test ..... Eyes watering, severe pain ... dont flinch, keep trimming. Just like a solid left jab to the chin.

Ahhhh, there you go .....

LOL

fatboy5803
06-12-2003, 10:41 PM
GraZZmaZter,,,,,,, Ha ! O. K. I'll try the test, and if I don't get knocked out then will I Pass ??