PDA

View Full Version : What equipment to get?

jh88
06-10-2003, 06:02 PM
I'm just starting and have many questions. One of the main things i want to do is get a few decent pieces of used equipment. I would like to know what the best equipment is and brands. Also where are the best places to find used equipment and if anyone has any there trying to get rid of for a decent price i might be interested. All opinions are welcome I'm just looking for some helpful info.

Thanks, Jeff

John Gamba
06-10-2003, 06:30 PM
NEW OR USED!

B&B LAWN
06-11-2003, 02:16 AM
i have a 44" toro walk behind that i am trying to sell. just bought it last year. $3850.00

Scag48
06-11-2003, 02:37 AM
Exmark! You can buy a used belt drive 36" walk behind for under $2,000, not too bad if you're just getting into the business. Good luck.

Rustic Goat
06-11-2003, 02:52 AM
Best brand equipment, is really a matter of opinion. You'll find someone that swears theirs is the best no matter what brand.

Spend time looking at whatever is readily available in your area. You don't have to buy just because you're looking. Some dealers will let you demo ride/cut a unit or two if they think you're serious. Get the feel of the equipment, what's best for you is what you will enjoy working with the most.

Check out repair shops, dealer shops, small engine repair shops, flea markets, newspapers, for used equipment. Be very aware that used could mean just about anything, work for 5 years or two days, as good or bad as buying used cars.

I know this is a non-answer for specifics, but it's reality. Do some searches on this site for'equipment' 'best' best brand', etc.
Best wishes on your endeavors