PDA

View Full Version : THESE SOCKS ARE NASTY!!!!!!!

Tbarchaser
06-10-2003, 08:49 PM
Just wondering if anyone has found a really good way to deal with socks. With all this rain the grass is so juicy I have green paste in my boots.

I am tempted to just buy a pair for every day of my season (210)
and just throw them away at the end of the day.

Seriously these socks are nasty!:dizzy:

KevlarLawnCare
06-10-2003, 09:45 PM
Rubber Boots my Friend !

the scaper
06-10-2003, 10:01 PM
i turn mine inside out every other day weather they need it or not. on sunday after the work week is done i shake em out real good and rotate with my other pair.

grshppr
06-10-2003, 11:29 PM
I don't know how mine get clean, I just throw them in the laundry hamper and a couple days later I find clean pairs in my drawer.:D I should ask the wife if she knows how they get there.

PetalsandPines
06-11-2003, 12:03 AM
NICE THREAD. They will go down with honor.:D

HarryD
06-11-2003, 12:28 AM
I just posted a thread the other day about this but it is a expensive fix for the GREEN SOCKS

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47471

C & T
06-11-2003, 10:30 PM
My local wholesale club store sells Docker Sports socks in 3pks. They come in dark green and brown as far as colors. I wear these instead of white socks. Don't show the dirt as much (blends in).

paponte
06-11-2003, 10:53 PM
LMAO!! This is a great thread. I am with grasshopper on this one. All I know is that the wife uses ALOT of bleach & detergent. :D

mtdman
06-11-2003, 10:54 PM
Lots of bleach, and I'm not afraid to throw 'em away! Kmart sells 6 packs for $5, I go through a lot of them.

:D

nelbuts
06-11-2003, 11:20 PM
Ok, now let me see if I understand this.

We work in dirt, mud, rain, grease, saw dust, dog poop, gas, mulch, and more dirt.

And we are worrying about green socks? :D Hahahahahahaha!

Guys they are SOCKS! Take them off each day, put on a clean pair the next morning. Wash them at the end of the week.

BTW how do you get the green stains out of your shirt and pants? Or do you just put on a new pair each day. Oh and take a good look at your favorite hats!

This is just tooooooooooooo funny!

Navig8r
06-11-2003, 11:22 PM
I've started by buying the gray ones in the first place.. then bleach them anyway when they're real bad......
Who cares anyway... just gonna get greener next time......

lawncare3
06-12-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by nelbuts
Guys they are SOCKS! Take them off each day, put on a clean pair the next morning. Wash them at the end of the week.

I only have ONE pair. :mad:

STAN1366
06-12-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by grshppr
I don't know how mine get clean, I just throw them in the laundry hamper and a couple days later I find clean pairs in my drawer.:D I should ask the wife if she knows how they get there.

Reminds me of a story a Cop friend told me once. He went on a call about a burglar. The woman told them that someone had been in her apartment, but only took her panties. Seems what had really happened is that she was sort of "simple" and her mother had died recently and the old lady had been washing the womans clothes and putting them in the drawer for her. She didn't know how they got there, just that when she ran out she figured they were stolen. Cops found the "dirty" ones in the hamper. Don't know if the taught her how to wash them.

Pape's Landscape Maintenance
06-12-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by PetalsandPines
NICE THREAD. They will go down with honor.:D

Lol, I could have lived 3 life times without seeing a picture of your spent socks. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Steve :cool:

PetalsandPines
06-12-2003, 01:57 PM
This pair takes the cake.....

I THOUGHT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE NICE TODAY??

Tidycut
06-12-2003, 02:24 PM
Very nice! Those must be your favorites. I can almost smell ‘em from here.

BTW, most people actually wear shoes while working.

Rick

battags
06-12-2003, 05:03 PM
I'd really hate to see what his underwear looked like! Great thread!

FrankenScagMachines
06-12-2003, 07:23 PM
This has got to be one of the stupidest posts EVER! LOL It's kinda funny to laugh at...

I didn't click Harry's link but you could put walmart plastic bags over your feet before you put on your boots then put your jeans over your boots as usual, no one will know might be noisy though LOL should work fine.

PetalsandPines, I'm gonna write my moderator and request that you be banned!!!!!!!!! LOL

Bunton Guy
06-12-2003, 08:05 PM
I have a uniform company that supplies me with socks a fresh pair every day...they wash them not me ! so I get a new clean pair everyday with no worries.

Tbarchaser
06-12-2003, 09:19 PM
I was thinking on having a little compition with the dirty sock thing....but we already have a winner!

walker-talker
06-12-2003, 10:16 PM
Damn dude, when you trim around a quagmire you're not suppose to stand on the inside....lol

MATT

Darwin
06-12-2003, 10:30 PM
Hey petal and pines,

Do you own shoes?

LMAO!

PetalsandPines
06-12-2003, 10:53 PM
We have one lawn that has not been cut all year because it has turned into a swamp with all the rain and it is at least 15,000 square feet. Since It poured again today, 3 of Us decided to tackle it with weed wackers. In some areas of the lawn the water was up to my ankles.....The weather absolutely sucks here this year.....well wait a minute...the last 4 years the weather has sucked.

Gene $immons
06-12-2003, 11:05 PM
Try www.thetorcompany.com

You can buy socks in bulk for CHEAP.

I throw mine away everyday and get a new pair on in the morning.