PDA

View Full Version : Tire Pressure

Scag48
06-11-2003, 02:35 AM
Hey all. I think I've lost some air in my TTHP tires, because with the parking brake on it doesn't seem to hold the machine at all, and I have the machine tied down as well and it still slides around a little. I have the original tires on the machine (TTHP 36") and the tire says I should run a maximum of 28 PSI in the tires. I don't know the size off the top of my head, but I want to run the most pressure I can to keep my machine on the trailer and not too much to cause massive amounts of compaction. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Phishook
06-11-2003, 03:16 AM
Fix the tire. There should be an adjustment on the brake.

greenman
06-11-2003, 11:22 AM
I keep about 14 psi in mine.

Doc Pete
06-11-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Scag48
Hey all. I think I've lost some air in my TTHP tires, because with the parking brake on it doesn't seem to hold the machine at all, and I have the machine tied down as well and it still slides around a little. I have the original tires on the machine (TTHP 36") and the tire says I should run a maximum of 28 PSI in the tires. I don't know the size off the top of my head, but I want to run the most pressure I can to keep my machine on the trailer and not too much to cause massive amounts of compaction. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I hate to tell ya but tire pressure has nothing to do with holding on the trailer. Furthermore, I wouldn't run more than 13 PSI. I always ran about 10 PSI, which was easier on the machine and gave a smoother cut, too.
Pete

teeca
06-11-2003, 02:45 PM
i run 13psi in mine 36" exmark.. more then that will beat you and the mechine up!!

Rustic Goat
06-12-2003, 02:27 AM
The maximum inflation molded into your mower tire IS NOT what you should inflate it to. Check your owners manual or call the dealer, should be around 12 to 14 lbs.
Inflating to the max is probably why it's sliding around on your trailer.
If you have pneumatic caster tires, check proper inflation for your machine for them too, they might be about 20 to 25, but find out what is recommended for your machine, not the tire.

TaussigLawnCare
06-12-2003, 02:35 AM
just make sure they are both the same for a level cut