PDA

View Full Version : MSRP vs Real Price

gulfstreme
06-11-2003, 02:58 AM
How much below msrp should I expect to pay? I saw somewhere on the forum that someone got a mower for $4650 that had a ~$6000 msrp.. is this typical?

What is a good price on a floating 36" Toro Belt w/ T-bar (15hp Koh)?

gulfstreme
06-11-2003, 01:44 PM
I've also seen people say that 15 to 20% off MSRP is about where dealers set prices.

Tvov
06-11-2003, 01:55 PM
As with most all retail sales in the USA today, MSRP is pretty much whatever anyone wants it to be (scam might be too harsh a word).

The best thing to do is compare prices from a few dealers in your area. Prices can vary widely in different areas of the country.

DLS1
06-11-2003, 03:11 PM
I bought a Hustler mini Z this week and the dealer had a price sheet he was showing me and he had all the Hustler mowers selling 20% off MSRP.

nelbuts
06-11-2003, 08:04 PM
WAKE UP FOR GOD'S SAKE!!

Do not pay attention to MSRP ever!

Here is the deal.

The dealer shows you the book right?

He then says I will sell it to you for this price? Sometimes it is right in the book.

Well while he is going through his big sales deal don't listen, LOOK!

You will see another set of numbers on the same line. Sometimes they are called "code", "dealer code", or whatever.

THAT IS THE DEALER COST!!

Now if you have a big dealer who sells alot of mowers then you may see a line that says, "gold, silver, bronze dealers (Scag"s dealer program).

Now if the dealer wants he can discount the MSRP, or may have incentives (kick backs) to discount the "sales price".

However, most dealers want to make a certain percentage over their actual cost. There is where you can work with them if you know their cost. So have fun! Below is an example of made up code.

MSRP $6,999.00 SALES PRICE $6,599.00 Dealer Code 5589

In this example the dealer cost is $5,589.00

Now look a little closer and make a deal.

BTW delers will deal better when they have to start paying the floor plan on the mower. I know as I used to be a Scag. Toro, GH, Snapper, LawnBoy Echo dealer.

gulfstreme
06-12-2003, 11:26 PM
bump