PDA

View Full Version : Allergies

mrbenfer
06-11-2003, 05:32 PM
I love the outdoors... But with allergies, being outside can sometimes be a drag. I am taking Claritin for my itchy eyes and stuffy/runny nose. Claritin isnt working too well and need something stronger. What are you guys with allergies taking or doing to deal with it?

turfcare
06-11-2003, 05:39 PM
I have the same problem. I take sudafed, benadryl or something similar it seems like everyday. I am also addicted to nasal spray. I have been to several doctors and have received no help. I just learn to live with it.

Lombardi
06-11-2003, 05:54 PM
I tried all of the popular OTC brands and some requiring an Rx. After experimenting with several prescribed by a Dr., I finally found the one that works for me, Panaz. I start taking it long before spring and don't have any problems at all. I take one every AM during the season.

cos
06-11-2003, 06:00 PM
Next week I am going to get surgery to remove polips. Then I have to get a needle every week for 6 months. I will be glad when it's over. I tested allergic to everything. My arm broke when they gave the test.

lawncare3
06-11-2003, 06:02 PM
2-3 clarinex a day work OK but, not that effective.

gogetter
06-11-2003, 06:19 PM
Before I started I had terrible allergies and was worried whether I'd even be able to do this.
Went to doctor, he prescribed Zyrtec. Took it regularly for a couple months and it was working.
Started to forget to take it here and there, and before I realized it, I wasn't taking it at all and I had no more allergy problems!.

I don't take anything anymore and only very rarely have a problem if I ingest some clippings accidently, or inhale grass dust when emptying my bagger (another reason I try to never bag!).

It's like I've built up an immunity or something. Thank goodness.