PDA

View Full Version : landscape software HOWTO?

JasonFlippin
06-11-2003, 09:08 PM
I have punch 3d Home design, and I have read through the book and can't figure out how you guys take a digital picture of a yard then add shrubs and rock/mulch. I want to show the homeowner what it could look like just like the rest of you guys do. Did I get the wrong software? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mdvaden
06-11-2003, 09:20 PM
Is that the Home Design with the Landscape Design?

I recall that they have at least 2 packages to purchase.

It was one option for me.

One choice is certain - I will not use CAD exclusively to design with. I'm going to stay with hand drawing, and use a simpler CAD on the illustrations and diagrams.

It was the simpler CAD that taught me to avoid the deluxe CAD.

On the simple version, I realized that all I could do was punch keys and point the mouse. Then I realized that the landscape design CAD is the same.

At least with hand drawing, I can bend my torso, reach for a tool, reach for a template. Even that's as non-mobile as I wish to go when not outdoors.

I was interested in a shoot a photo and paste the images program though just for a promotional tool.

BSDeality
06-11-2003, 09:24 PM
i was looking at it in compusa the other day and almost bought it, but i don't think you can take pictures and import them into the program.

I think the software you want is called "Landscape PRO"

Just Turned Pro
06-12-2003, 02:09 PM
One of the Punch packages (Platinum I think) has the landscape photo view thing built into it. I have this and use it but am not too crazy about it. You can put the picture of the house (2d) in the drawing but have to add the plantings in the CAD mode (3d).