PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom Breaks

mtdman
06-11-2003, 10:31 PM
What does everyone do for bathroom breaks?

Me, I have a complicated list of public bathrooms throughout the town that I visit if necessary. Thankfully, Ann Arbor has a nice system of public parks, many with very clean public bathrooms that are rarely used. Those are my first choice. If necessary, I'll resort to a McD's or BK, etc, bathroom.

:D

Five Star Lawn Care LLC
06-11-2003, 10:43 PM
thats the joy of an enclosed trailer.... i have found that Big Slams work the best 20 oz. are just to small :)

Fantasy Lawns
06-11-2003, 11:23 PM
We'll if a "public facility" is not availiable ..... There's always a "Bush"

That MIGHT Open An Old Thread ;->

lawncare3
06-11-2003, 11:28 PM
Here's a good rembered thread and qute funny! : Thread of the issue (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25550&highlight=peeing+in+the+bushes+pays)

wriken
06-11-2003, 11:46 PM
5 gallon bucket in the front of the v-nose of my enclosed trailer.

stevo22
06-12-2003, 12:35 AM
i bet i drink at least 1.5-2+ gallons of water on my busy cutting days and i never have to use the bathroom...i guess i am just sweating it all out...i sweat like a stuck pig..

muybiencortar
06-12-2003, 12:40 AM
Thats why they are called burning bushes!

stick9
06-12-2003, 12:45 AM
We used a 5 gallon bucket, as well.

Unfortunately, I remember one day when the bucket was up in the front of the trailer with the blowers. Well, I started the blower and the tube just happened to be aimed into the bucket ...

Oh, you know the rest.

It was disgusting. Now, the bucket is dumped after every use.

Stick-NINe

Jimbo
06-12-2003, 12:34 PM
I dont have an enclosed but if i did i woul buy the biggest port-a-john Cabelas sells. I just bought the smallest port-a-john Cabelas sells for the back of my wifes van. I can stop and let my 2 year old jump in the back on those long car trips. Very nice.

Nothing more disgusting than trying to help your little one use a public john. Their little hands have to hold the sides of the seat to keep from falling in ...yuk. Thats just nasty.

Jimbo

Lakeview
06-12-2003, 04:15 PM
I have done this before under a similar situation. A five gallon bucket can be used as a "thunder bowl". Just carry a box of heavy weight plastic bags and after you have "dumped" just tie the bag up real tight and dispose of it later. No mess and no stink and far more sanitary and practical than a public bathroom. You can also have a urinal by installing a waist high piece of pvc pipe to the wall of your trailer and a few gallons of water to "flush" with. This will cover you. After all no ones bladder is capable of holding a full two gallons of fluid. The only one who will know is you.

mottster
06-12-2003, 05:58 PM
we mow a HOA's pond, stream and sidewalks on tuesdays. For somereason every tuesday i start getting tore up (if you know what i mean) so i make my way down the 1/2 mile sidewalk to a stopping point...jog acroos a parking lot and go into a church to use their restroom. :angel:

lawncare3
06-12-2003, 06:07 PM
Does anyone go to fleet farm? They have a 5 gallon bucket that has a toilet seat for the cover.

NNJLandman
06-12-2003, 06:08 PM
every hear of a ***** plant haha theres acctually a plant with that nickname.

Lawn Tek
06-12-2003, 06:35 PM
The woods , green oak leaves are my favorite:D

MOW ED
06-12-2003, 07:37 PM
I put a foley catheter in and just empty the bag at the end of the day.:D

We have parks and porta potties at different locations. There has been a time or two that the old coffee can had to catch.

TaussigLawnCare
06-12-2003, 07:48 PM
I hit up trees pretty regular but I ussualy wait till lunch if possible

TurfGuyTX
06-12-2003, 11:37 PM
Here's the next door guys getting ready to work.

GreenQuest Lawn
06-13-2003, 12:10 AM
http://greenquest.net/urinate.gif

GreenQuest Lawn
06-13-2003, 12:11 AM
I make sure my route is scheduled for "on the way" rest stops. Fast food joints, parks, big woods, ect

DanG
06-13-2003, 09:24 AM
Most of the places i mow have bathrooms on premise, but sometimes you need to find a bush or other secluded area when its to far away to make it there.

Always have TP in the toolbox of the truck just for that reason.

Now here's a Question for you.

If a employee took a 1/2hr bathroom break would you not pay him for that time? Or let it go?

I noticed that he didn't have as much done as i thought he should've and he told me he was in the bathroom for that long.

He said he had to take a Major Dump, (pardon the language)but thats excessive if you ask me. :D

Dan

Ajays
06-13-2003, 10:10 AM
I try to make it to public restrooms but on occasion I'll use a drink cup in the front seat of my truck.

cos
06-13-2003, 10:29 AM
Half hour to take a dump? Sh*t and git! I would suspect something. I would atleast let him know that a half hour is a long time for sitting on the throne.

turfcare
06-13-2003, 11:16 AM
All of my accounts are close to home with several convenient stores in-between. There is a restroom on-site at my commercial account so I do not have much of a problem. I have used a bottle in the front seat though.

drobson
06-13-2003, 11:30 AM
1/2 hour for one bathroom break is excessive, but before you refuse to pay him check with your state labor laws as it may be illegal to do so. They may say that would constitute refusal of a paid bathroom break for an employee.

Also take into account how many bathroom breaks he took over the entire day. 3 bathroom breaks a day is not unusual, but each one would only be a couple of minutes (5 at the most), that is 15 minutes per day, so if this is the only one he took, then he is really only over by 15 minutes. Also take into account that he may not have been feeling well, I'm sure we all can remember having some kind of virus or bad food that made us need longer or more frequent rest room visits. But at least he didn't call in sick... So if he was not feeling well, I would consider it a nice effort to come to work while feeling like that.

Remsen1
06-13-2003, 01:30 PM
Chit and git was never an option for me. i can NEVER get it done in less than 7 minutes. Usually takes me 15.

I sweat too much and don't have to wiz unless it's cool out. Thankfully my yards are all small enough that I could start one while already having the urge and be done with the yard before getting really uncomfortable. #2 is the worst though, it can be unpredictable in the way the urge hits. When it hits suddenly, better not wait. Hasn't happened to me while mowing.

mowerman90
06-13-2003, 04:00 PM
I've posted this before ........and I'll probably post it again. THE SOLUTION: http://www.bumperdumper.com/

wriken
06-13-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by cos
Half hour to take a dump? Sh*t and git! I would suspect something. I would atleast let him know that a half hour is a long time for sitting on the throne.

ya it will dry on him/her:D

the scaper
06-13-2003, 06:55 PM
i just do it while i'm working and shake it out my pants leg, that way theres no down time plus you can charge for a fertilizer application.

DLCS
06-13-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by the scaper
i just do it while i'm working and shake it out my pants leg, that way theres no down time plus you can charge for a fertilizer application.

:laugh:

Man, your going to get this thread closed.

the scaper
06-13-2003, 07:28 PM
:D

lawncare3
06-14-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by the scaper

ROTFLMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I actually had a friend that did that because his house was 300 feet away. No joke.

Coral Isle Gardens
06-14-2003, 06:40 PM
Since FLA has much sparcer shrubbery than NY we are usually parking roadside ACROSS the street of the homes we are cutting next to palmettos/woodlines etc. (dont need to get fired by Jim Lewis for relieving thyself customerside LOL!) -- I have simply notched a hole in the floor of the enclosed trailer and placed a funnel thru.

Keep the gate closed for those times when you simply dont have access to a "public" facility. However this wont help for upset tummy's -LOL!!!

Kris

pjslawncare/landscap
06-14-2003, 07:06 PM
I only have to piss when Im fueling (something about the sound of running fluid). Anywhere nobody can see ya work for me. Sometimes I just open the door of my truck and stand there like Im messing with some paper work or something and wave and smile. :D

MDMowing
06-21-2003, 09:09 AM
Nothing spells relief like "mother nature".. Bushes and trees work wonders. But if there's a public place nearby thats always frist choice.

Green Pastures
06-22-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by stevo22
i bet i drink at least 1.5-2+ gallons of water on my busy cutting days and i never have to use the bathroom...i guess i am just sweating it all out...i sweat like a stuck pig..

Ditto..................

crawdad
06-23-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by DanG
Most of the places i mow have bathrooms on premise, but sometimes you need to find a bush or other secluded area when its to far away to make it there.

If a employee took a 1/2hr bathroom break would you not pay him for that time? Or let it go?

I noticed that he didn't have as much done as i thought he should've and he told me he was in the bathroom for that long.

He said he had to take a Major Dump, (pardon the language)but thats excessive if you ask me. :D

Dan

Half an hour? I would have reminded him that shakin' it more than three times is playin' with it.
Crawdad :nono:

DLCS
06-23-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by DanG

Dan

Half hour bathroom break? If it took a half hour, then he didn't have to go bad enough yet. What was he really doing in there?;)

Gravely_Man
06-23-2003, 10:01 AM
This is where your route scheduling of nice bathrooms helps! I am never that far from the shop and have a list of places that I can go if need be.

Gravely_Man

the scaper
06-23-2003, 09:14 PM
these are all great posts but i still say just shake it out and keep on working :D