PDA

View Full Version : Lunch

mtdman
06-11-2003, 10:34 PM
Ok, how about lunch? Do most of you eat out at fast food joints, or do you bring a lunch?

I always try to bring a lunch. I always bring a cooler for water and drinks. If I'm feeling lazy, I'll hit the Subway for a sandwhich, but I try to stay away from the fast food. I notice a lot of other lco's at the fast food joints for lunch in my area. That can get expensive, every day.

:D

Lawn-Scapes
06-11-2003, 10:54 PM
Usually don't do lunch. If I do stop.. it is for a plain 7-eleven hot dog or a couple of soft pretzels. I mostly make it through the day with a couple of cokes.

I really should change my diet...

DLCS
06-11-2003, 10:57 PM
I usually just eat breakfast then skip lunch. I may stop and get a candy bar or something at a gas station but thats all I eat when I'm working. I don't know why but I just don't get hungry while working especially when its hot outside.

kppurn
06-11-2003, 11:04 PM
I always bring my lunch with me. I just eat throughout the day so I don't have to make any extra stops. I usually stop at a gas station on the way back to the shop at night and get a Gatorade.

lawncare3
06-11-2003, 11:16 PM
I don't eat lunch

rkbrown
06-11-2003, 11:29 PM
I make a sandwich the night before and usually bring a couple of pieces of fruit.

Bigfoot
06-12-2003, 07:01 AM
I usually buy a hot lunch, seem to get more work out of myself & feel better after a good lunch.

David Haggerty
06-12-2003, 07:25 AM
Lunch fits around the work schedule.

Sometimes we don't eat lunch 'till 3:30
Yesterday we ate lunch at 11:00

Half of the time we eat in the truck.

Dave

walker-talker
06-12-2003, 08:22 AM
Eat breakfast and then when the work day is finished.

MATT

Gene $immons
06-12-2003, 08:47 AM
You guys that are working long hours need to eat breakfast and lunch. I usually drop my guys off whereever they want, and I eat in the truck. I bring stuff like Tuna, Hard-boiled eggs, or other protein. The energy you can get from protein is outstanding. Carbs. slow you down too much. I can't do fast food or greasey food.

GraZZmaZter
06-12-2003, 09:16 AM
There are some horrible eating habits on here.

First of all you should eat a fairly large breakfast every morning. This is the time of day when your body is in most need of nutrients.

Second, you should eat several smaller meals throughout the day. Bring your lunch, and bring things like peanut butter, tuna, and some of those health bars you can buy in bulk at Sams. Try to break up your meals 5-6 times a day.

Going all day without eating, or having a few cokes in place of meals will do more damage than good.

mtdman
06-12-2003, 01:08 PM
I can't go through the day, especially hot days, without eating something. I try to snack on the lunch I bring through the day, even if it is something like a string cheese or yogurt at a stop. My blood sugar levels drop and I can't do any more work, I start to shake. Protein is the best for you. When I had a partner we'd stop for a half hour or so at least every day, but now I'm alone I eat in the truck, wherever and whenever I can.

My problem is I just can't eat breakfast. My stomach won't take food in the morning, and I'll just end up puking it up. Ugh.

Mr_Marc
06-12-2003, 03:21 PM
You need fuel for the equipment right?

Why not fuel "Healthy Food" for the guy operating the equipment.

It's simple eat healthy when your young. Your body will thank you for it in the long run.

I'm with Bigfoot, Gene Simmons, mtdmaster and GraZZmaZter
on this one.

battags
06-12-2003, 03:43 PM
Let's ask Martha Stewartwhat the appropriate meal should be for a hard working LCO! I can envision canapies and torts with a side salad of mixed greens, either scraped from the bottom of your mower or pulled from your leg hair after that trimming job.

I'm sure she set it all up with a special little basket that fastens right on to the trailer, available in a wide swath of summer colors, no doubt. The basket has a nice soft blanket to keep our little behinds clean as we sit on the ground.

To enhance our dining experience she may come up with LCO lunch silverware. That's right, the fork handle doubles as a Q-tip to get the grass out of your ears and nose. The knife has a back scratcher attachment for those sweaty hard to reach spots. Best of all, the dinnerware comes with a bungee attachment. Tie it all together and blow it off with the Stihl blower! Clean-up is a breeze!

Mr_Marc
06-12-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by battags
Let's ask Martha Stewartwhat the appropriate meal should be for a hard working LCO! I can envision canapies and torts with a side salad of mixed greens, either scraped from the bottom of your mower or pulled from your leg hair after that trimming job.

I'm sure she set it all up with a special little basket that fastens right on to the trailer, available in a wide swath of summer colors, no doubt. The basket has a nice soft blanket to keep our little behinds clean as we sit on the ground.

To enhance our dining experience she may come up with LCO lunch silverware. That's right, the fork handle doubles as a Q-tip to get the grass out of your ears and nose. The knife has a back scratcher attachment for those sweaty hard to reach spots. Best of all, the dinnerware comes with a bungee attachment. Tie it all together and blow it off with the Stihl blower! Clean-up is a breeze!

ROTFLMAO Now that is funny!

WeatherMan
06-12-2003, 05:32 PM
I always Have a large Breakfast with the family, and For Lunch I eat the Premade Tuna Kits you buy at Sams Theres nothing better the Tuna and peanut butter to boost your energy

Rhett
06-12-2003, 06:17 PM
Too dang hot! Try to have something light in the morning and limit my coffee to two cups. Force myself to drink at least a quart of water and out the door I go. If I ate lunch it would be all over. At the end of day more water and at least 4 ice cold beers. Of course this is for health reasons. Large meal in the evening and small fruit snack before turning in a 2030hrs or so.

mottster
06-12-2003, 09:35 PM
sometimes i grab a banana in the morning but we keep muffins and stuff at the shop that we can grab...get those with a mountain dew and i'm good to go. Occasionally we stop in the morning at Sonic or Braum's but usually not. Greasy stuff kills me later.

We stop once in the morning for bathroom break at Quicktrip and getting drinks or whatever

Stop at fast food place for lunch then another break in afternoon if its a really busy day.

I average about 3 quarts of mountain dew a day. :blob3:

GraZZmaZter
06-12-2003, 09:50 PM
2030 = 8:30pm for you non-military types.

4 beers a day! whew!!

Mottster - You waste alot of time every day. Add that all up and see how much dough your pitching out the window every month. You said "we" more than once so im assuming your paying your guys for all these stops.

Than the extra fuel you burn going out of your way.

Fast food every day! WOW! I would be in debt!!

And the way your eating, your gonna have a heart attack by the time your 40.

Auroris
06-12-2003, 09:56 PM
I eat a light lunch in between jobs, usually on the road. Most always try to eat a decent breakfats to keep me going, but I get the shakes & dizzy after a few hours and not eating. Always carry plenty of H2O and snack bars, usually a couple fo sodas on ice and maybe some Power Aid or somehting.

CMLLawnServices
06-12-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by mtdmaster
My problem is I just can't eat breakfast. My stomach won't take food in the morning, and I'll just end up puking it up. Ugh.

Me too people just can`t understand that when i tell them that , but i can eat breakfast at lunchtime, i usually drink pepsi all throught the day and have lunch witch is usually a burger and fries ,( the cafetera at my school has the best bacon double cheese burgers) sometimes subway , and some times i just snack all day till supper. i usually keep the pepsi to water ratio 2-1 when i`m working , if i have 2 bottles of pepsi i have 1 bottle of aquafina. Have any of u ever tryed to drink a coffee while on ur ZTR ? its hard

Scag48
06-12-2003, 10:03 PM
I try to bring food, sometimes I forget and have to deal with it. Lots of water, cooler full of it. Almost too hot to eat really, but it's best to.