PDA

View Full Version : customer made my day

tyuslawncare
06-12-2003, 12:43 AM
Been browsing here for long time, really enjoy all the info given.Just had to tell you what happened to me yesterday.I was mowing one of my nicest customers yard yesterday when she came out and said that she was going to be putting in a pool and all the changes that there would be.As she was talking she said "You can know that I like you because somebody came by yesterday and offered to cut my grass for $50.00 per cut(I get $70.00) and I told him I was satisfied with who I had."Just goes to show you if you are well mannered and do good work and remember that you are in a SERVICE INDUSTRY you won't have any problems getting good customers. Keep up the good info.

Ryan

fivestarlawnken
06-12-2003, 12:57 AM
You are doing something right with this cust..:D Now sell some landscaping for this pool and bring the swim trunks:p

mtdman
06-12-2003, 01:53 AM
I had a customer call and thank me profusely for doing a great job on her lawn Monday. She was having a party, and I was scheduled to mow on Sunday but it rained. She was rather worried that I wouldn't get there on time Monday and called 3 times Sun night to remind me. First thing Monday I was there, did her grass, gave her backyard a nice criss-cross diagonal pattern and raked the clippings, made it look good. She was very happy and told me in her call there would be a nice tip with next month's payment.

That's the part of the business I like. Compliments and loyal customers.

Good job, tyuslawncare.

:D

2 man crew
06-12-2003, 02:09 AM
So mtdmaster,

What did you charge for the "cross cut" and rake job?

mtdman
06-12-2003, 02:22 AM
The extra cut (to get the cross pattern) I gave her for free, but the rake job added an extra 20 minutes or so, so I figure I'll add $15 bucks on for it. She understood before hand that picking up the clippings would be extra, she just didn't want people tracking the stuff in her house and her lawn has a history of growing long and fast. I won't get rich off doing that little extra bit of work, but she is a very satisfied customer now, in the middle of a block of 4 customers that I do in one stop, and therefore very valuable and important to keep.

:D

TaussigLawnCare
06-12-2003, 02:32 AM
have you heard of a bagger oh yah they call the criss cross or whatever you called it striping and I do that generaly on all my lawns

mtdman
06-12-2003, 02:44 AM
I don't bag any lawn, I don't own a bag for any mower I have, generally there's not a problem. Any clippings left over can be taken care of by blowing them. When people ask, for a special occasion like this one, I'll pick the clippings up. Or if the lawn was ungodly long like in the spring and the clippings are too much, I'll rake them. Mostly, I can cut the lawn without problem.

Usually I only cut the lawn once. In one direction. Then next time, I'll cut it in a different direction. This time I did it twice to make the lawn look extra nice for her party, giving it that nice diagonal criss cross 'striping'. I certainly don't have time to turn everyone's yards into major league baseball fields each week, although I do try to make each one look nice.

TaussigLawnCare
06-12-2003, 08:36 PM
Don't own a bagger say what wow I would not survive without a bagger