PDA

View Full Version : What do you wear?

klineslawnkaren
06-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Just wondering what everyone wears? Pants, shorts. Anyone know of some super light weight pants?:)

poolboy
06-12-2003, 10:00 AM
I work on pools so my uniform consist of swim trunk/ tank top/ flip flops. During the late fall or winter I wear summer weight BDU pants (the clothing that the military wears) and a long sleeve t-shirt. For the summer you might try Nike Dri-Fit T-shirts; they come in long sleeve and short sleeve.

turfcare
06-12-2003, 10:30 AM
I wear shorts made of a supplex type material most of the time. When it is cooler I wear khaki BDU pants. They are light weight cool and very comfortable.

Remsen1
06-12-2003, 11:36 AM
Jeans, Steel Toe Boots, Company T, and a Baseball Cap. If it is really hot where sneakers instead of boots, but I am actually more comfortable in my boots as long as it isn't too hot. If I am strictly mowing and it is very hot I'll wear khaki shorts, but wear pants whenever I trim. I try to limit my work when it is very hot. I have extra availability in my schedule which allows me to avoid the hotest parts of the day.

NCSULandscaper
06-12-2003, 12:35 PM
Wear my uniform that consists of lightweight cargo shorts and company T, and usually tennis shoes in the summer. Winter is usually carhartt workpants, boots, still a company T, and company carhartt jacket.

mtdman
06-12-2003, 12:49 PM
My company tshirt, jean shorts, and tennis shoes. I have problems with my arches and wearing boots will really hurt me by the end of the day. Headphones and eye protectors. Sometimes a hat.

Mr_Marc
06-12-2003, 02:54 PM
Current Weather for Lake Worth, FL, USA 14:52 EST

Partly Cloudy Temperature:88°F
(Real Feel: 94°F)
Humidity: 59%
Winds: SSE 16 mph Not where I'm working
Barometer: 30.03 inHg

Pants Navy Dickies, Rockport Boots, Light Grey Shirt, Hat.

Oh and plenty of water. I can't wait till December when it cool's off a little.

It sure got hot early in the day today.

A1 Lawn@Landscapes
06-12-2003, 04:38 PM
Company tshirt or sweatshirt
Dickies workpants or khacki shorts
steel toe hiking boots
for a hat I wear one that I bought from the rain forest ****. It is a wide brim kind of outback hat. It keeps my ears, nose, face, and neck from burning. Best tool in the box

lawncare3
06-12-2003, 05:59 PM
Fubu shorts :p, striped boxers, t-shirt, soap shoes, and socks.

proenterprises
06-12-2003, 06:24 PM
lawncare3

i hope you are joking us with that ensemble.

Fubu shorts and soaps to work.............

hmmm....thats kinda a cross between a ghetto fabolous gangsta and skateboarder running a mower :D :D :cool: :cool:

ElephantNest
06-12-2003, 06:26 PM
Brown or tan shorts, white or yellow tees, steel toe DuraShock Wolverines™( Awesome ), too hot for hats, jeans, long shirts, etc. I'd rather come home a little bloody each day ( and I do) than suffer in this heat with long pants. Usualy 100+ degrees with heat index.:angry: :dizzy:

CO.d 502nd
06-12-2003, 07:12 PM
Long sleeved shirt company name on it.jackets for early spring and late fall have company name on them to and they are water proof .
Long pants and steel toed water proof boots. We ware caps with the have company name on them to.

awm
06-12-2003, 07:56 PM
i usually remember to get my britches on
fore i leave the house. if i dont my wife ll
come brangum to me.

TaussigLawnCare
06-12-2003, 07:59 PM
company tshirt and either shorts or jeans depending on the weather and same with boots when its hot I wear tennis shoes

David Haggerty
06-12-2003, 08:44 PM
This year our company uniform is a rubber rain suit.

Dave

LawnMower
06-12-2003, 08:49 PM
There used to be a farmer in my town that would plow naked. That was the old days, and he had high fenders on the tractor

Me? I were Jeans and boots. I would twist my ankle if I didn’t were boots. I where a t-shirt and a baseball cap. I have set of earmuffs, and I put little speakers in there that hook up to a radio on my belt. When I can acutely get a station in, it’s quite nice, and takes the boredom out of mowing.
I also have a windbreaker that can throw on. I keep a hooded sweatshirt on the ready. I also have shorts to put on when it gets too hot. But I hate weedwacking in shorts. I find if I pull my socks up to my knees it makes it better. Ya I look stupid, but it’s only till im done trimming.

If it starts raining I have a pare of lobsterman’s rain pants. There nice and heavy duty, and they breathe a little. I also have a raincoat.

mtdman
06-12-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by David Haggerty
This year our company uniform is a rubber rain suit.

Dave

LOL! NO kidding!

:D

CMLLawnServices
06-12-2003, 09:13 PM
I wear navy Dickies pants, terra wildsider work boots, a blue or grey or black t-shirt on colder days I wear a tough duck coat and for colder days the insulated bibs to go with it. With a Fox racing Hat or a Realtree hardwoods hat Oakley "twenty" sunglasses and those under chin ear plugs

After work you could say i`m Motocross/skater style I wear DC shoes with triple X jeans or bilabong shorts, and mostly Fox racing, thor, osiris, zoo york , DC and quicksilver shirts.
Image is every thing I would never wear that stuff while i`m working. and i would never wear anything other than work boots cutting grass.

NYRookie
06-12-2003, 09:53 PM
Jeans, never shorts- got into poison ivy last year the 1 time I decided to wear them, that sucked. :eek: T shirt and hat with company logo. Sweatshirt in the truck with company logo. Steel toe hiking boots. Lots of sunscreen, I burn just by walking to my truck in the morning. When I plow, carhartt coat, knit cap and bibs if it is really cold.

fblandscape
06-12-2003, 10:02 PM
I have 2 pairs of canvas pants which I wear whenever they are clean. Wish I could buy more, but at $50 per pair that's a little tough for me to do right now. T-shirt or sweatshirt. Red Wing boots for commercial work, sometimes old sneakers when working around the house.

Advanced Lawncare
06-12-2003, 10:43 PM
Tan or Black pants (depending on temp) and teal polo with company name

pottstim
06-12-2003, 11:37 PM
Most of the time while mowing, I wear my work uniform from my full-time job. The uniform consists of the traditonal button down uniform style shirts and blue jeans. We had a choice of the regular uniform shirts, or the blue jeans. I work for a newspaper as a pressman, and I figure I'm paying half of the cleaning bill for them each week, so why not wear them. Plus, I get a lot of recognition from wearing the uniforms because the company name is on my shirts. People around here love that paper and can't wait to get their hands on it. So, I think by wearing the uniforms, it may possibly help me in the long run. It's worth a try.

LawnMowerMan2003
06-12-2003, 11:49 PM
The weedtrimmer tends to throw things at a pretty good velocity, not to mention those grass clippings tend to itch. So I've found lightweight cargo pants to be the most comfortable solution. I usually just wear t-shirts with them, but I'm planning on having some uniforms made soon. For comfort, I wear Niki's as well, although I can see how steel-toed boots would be a wise investment.

Bob Minney
06-13-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by awm
i usually remember to get my britches on
fore i leave the house. if i dont my wife ll
come brangum to me.

Gawd lets hope ya remember yer boxers:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lawncare3
06-13-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by LandscapeEscape88
lawncare3

i hope you are joking us with that ensemble.

Fubu shorts and soaps to work.............

hmmm....thats kinda a cross between a ghetto fabolous gangsta and skateboarder running a mower :D :D :cool: :cool:

No, No kidding here. :)

hubb
06-13-2003, 01:47 AM
Olive drab shorts and tan short sleeve dickie shirts. And a hat most of the time. Steel toed hikers on my dogs, made by Hytest.

Rich's Lawn Care
06-24-2003, 09:16 PM
What are BDU pants? and where do you get them?

SGLawn Care
06-24-2003, 09:31 PM
Bdu stands for Battle Dress Uniform (military).You can pick some up from a surplus store.As for what me I wear shorts and use the leg chaps from W.E.Chaps while weedeating.

Rich's Lawn Care
06-24-2003, 09:41 PM
SG, do the leg chaps work good?

SGLawn Care
06-24-2003, 10:02 PM
They work good.

studentlawn
06-24-2003, 11:24 PM
We wear company tee and matching green mesh shorts. Does anyone else feel that being profesionally dressed gives off a better image and might even help with customership? I see LCO's all over the area and the guys look so disheveld. My and my partner always match with our uniforms and keep our shirts tuck in for grandma.

FARMERlawn03
06-25-2003, 01:02 AM
Wear shorts and a collared shirt and my New Balances if I plan on getting a little more dirty then I pull out the work boots.

mower_babe
06-25-2003, 01:18 AM
The guys wear khaki shorts and company polo, with sleeves shortened and names sewn on. I also got them ball caps to match w. their names on the back. Boots and Tennies.

I wear light weight black shorts in this heat, heavy jeans in cooler (I usually get stuck weed eating) and polo w. name. Tennis Shoes - can't stand boots.

We live on the edge-we don't tuck in.

Also, work tunes head phones, eye protection.

OH-and bug spray by the gallons. Dang Mosquitos.

SG- are the chaps hot?

cos
06-25-2003, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by lawncare3
No, No kidding here. :)

Fubu and striped boxers. Who sees the boxers. Oh, you one of those that lets it all hang down? :rolleyes:

I'm sure the customer appeal is astonishing. lol

Expert Lawns
06-25-2003, 11:01 AM
When mowing I have an old pair of Etnies that are really comfortable and let your feet breath plenty. Landscaping I have steel toes. Usually blue jeans and a clean T-shirt will do. I just now started combing my hair and paying attention to what I wear this year. Last few years I would roll out of bed and throw on the same old stinky clothes that I've been wearing all week...cut off shorts and cut off T-shirts. I'm just tired of looking scrubby.

Whoever is wearing the FUBU shorts and Soap shoes.....you really confuse me. Do you railslide on your flowerbed edging while listening to Eminem? Dude I'm not knocking your style, to each their own, but it just sounds funny. buy hey, whatever floats your boat man.

Gravely_Man
06-25-2003, 11:53 AM
Tan work pants, company tee shirt and Redwing work boots. I never use a trimmer with shorts, too painful!

Gravely_Man

cos
06-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by LawnMowerMan2003
The weedtrimmer tends to throw things at a pretty good velocity, not to mention those grass clippings tend to itch. So I've found lightweight cargo pants to be the most comfortable solution. I usually just wear t-shirts with them, but I'm planning on having some uniforms made soon. For comfort, I wear Niki's as well, although I can see how steel-toed boots would be a wise investment.

I am caught between the two. The hotter it gets, I tend to wear shorts and sacrifice what you said about the itchyness. I also tend to back the trimmer down to half throttle when trimming.

UGA
06-25-2003, 12:50 PM
Kaki shorts and I wear the chaps while trimming, take em off as soon as I'm done, company tshirt, new balance tennis shoes for until I get a better pair of workboots, Elvex Quietunes, maui jim sunglasses.

Remsen1
06-25-2003, 02:50 PM
The chaps look stupid as H ell... but reminded me of the pants with the zip off legs that my stepson wears. That would be an idea, put the legs on when trimming and take them off when mowing.

But chaps, no way!:o