PDA

View Full Version : Are rainy days good days to advertise?

Port City Lawncare
06-12-2003, 01:13 PM
It's obviously down time, but is it a good time to get out and meet people?

65hoss
06-12-2003, 02:16 PM
Every moment of every day is a good time to advertise. Everything you do is a reflection on you. I do estimates and talk with people on rain days all the time. Best time for me and I can give them extra time and attention on those days.

Pape's Landscape Maintenance
06-12-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by 65hoss
Every moment of every day is a good time to advertise. Everything you do is a reflection on you. I do estimates and talk with people on rain days all the time. Best time for me and I can give them extra time and attention on those days.

Ditto to that, and it is also a good day to bid on snowplow work.

Steve :cool:

fblandscape
06-12-2003, 03:46 PM
Or do fertilization, shrub pruning, mulch, etc. Like these guys said though, you should be meeting people each and every day.

Rustic Goat
06-13-2003, 01:06 AM
You can certainly use a perceived opportunity to distribute flyers, but in terms of Return On Advertising Investment you're not getting your best return.

Simple rule of thumb for advertising = Don't advertise a product if it isn't possible for a potential customer to use it right now.

The general publics mind will not associate the mowing of anything if it is raining.

Ajays
06-13-2003, 11:38 AM
I've had really good results with flyers right after several days of rain in a row.

Ajays
06-13-2003, 11:41 AM
I know it sounds bad but right after several days of rain is a time when other LCO's are backed up and haven't been able to mow for a while. Also a lot of LCO's don't call their customers when it rains to let them know that they will be asap. They just expect their cliets to understand.