PDA

View Full Version : vent caps on gas cans????

JML
06-12-2003, 07:13 PM
hey what do you guys do when you lose the yellow vent cap on the gas cans. my brain surgeons lost just about everyone of them so we can't fill the containers up all the way otherwise half of it spills out. Does anyone know if they could be bought or has anyone come up with a better solution. thanks

The Green Way
06-12-2003, 08:33 PM
maybe this site would help

http://www.blitzusa.com/auto_products_spouts.html

JML
06-12-2003, 08:38 PM
Its not the spout end its the other end with the small hole and the yellow cap...

Flex-Deck
06-12-2003, 08:52 PM
Stick a golf tee in it - Golf tees work for a lot of things - even holes in tires for the day -May have to get the tire fixed eventually buy they keep the air in for a while

lawncare3
06-12-2003, 09:03 PM
I don't use them. They make the gas cans get bloated.

Hud
06-12-2003, 11:05 PM
I've seen replacement kits in Home Depot type places. You might try HD or Lowes. Came in a plastic bag with a new spout, cap, and vent. Haven't looked for them in awhile. Usually found them hanging on the columns of the merchandise racks in the gas can, outdoor power equipment area. 3 or 4 dollars?

Navig8r
06-12-2003, 11:22 PM
The new cans I just got at Wal-Mart have no seperate vent...... the can vents via a small "straw" within the filler tube (They are a little slower pouring than other cans)..... then they have a snap on cap...... only problem was snap on caps didn't vent at all when closed..... a little sun and you'd have a big, fat, can o' vapors!.... I pierced a TINY hole in the center of this cap..... really cannot leak unless the can is tipped cmpletely over, and even then very little air could get in, so leak would have to be pretty slow....... it does allow the can to breathe sufficiently to prevent the over-expansion.