PDA

View Full Version : Driveway Markers

kdlklm
06-12-2003, 07:57 PM
I am looking for a unique idea for two driveway markers. The driveway is 200 feet long. I want to put lights on each one at the end of the driveway. Stone, brick, concrete or anything like that. I am looking at covering a 50 to 100 square foot area for each one. Any ideas or pictures would be much appreciated.

SCAPEASAURUSREX
06-15-2003, 05:22 PM
There are some nice ones pictured in the unilock borchures.. they use the brussels dimensional block which makes the pillar about 2 feet in diameter, but you can make it wider if you want, then they have a short wall coming off the corners on two sides , one side along the driveway, then the other along th e road... with a nice little planting around it... Looks really sharp and classy..

llgardens
06-17-2003, 12:31 AM
It sounds like the people are willing to invest some money? If thats the case I would definately recommend some natural stone work, ie. raised beds, mail box housing, mortared light posts and most importantly to set the job aside...specimen plantings. Try and get them to go with a few spendy evergreen types, it will be very eye catchy and worthy to shed light on. Let me know your zone and I can offer some more details if you like.

kdlklm
06-17-2003, 01:42 PM
I really appreciate the feedback. This is my own personal project. I checked out the unilock web site, and it had some good pictures. Like they say, a picture is worth 1000 words. There's no set budget for the project. And we are located in a zone three region. The picture I attached is similar to what I am looking for. I don't want any wood on it. Maintenance Free is the way to go, other than plants.