PDA

View Full Version : Business Policies, Safety Manuals, Operations manuals, how to

reneekrause
06-12-2003, 09:20 PM
Need to know if anyone has established safety manuals, policies etc for the employees.

We would like to get some ideas and print these ourselves for our employees.

Darwin
06-12-2003, 11:00 PM
You have an excellent attitude towards business.

You won't reach another level until you address safety within your own company.

I do have a safety program for my company but It's geared for the commercial end.

Meaning, it is a comprehensive collection of both construction and industrial standards which are compiled from osha regulations for each topic (1910 and 26').

The best way to protect yourself from ,god forbid, an accident involving one of your employees is a safety program and documentation of such.

It is also the way all commercial site across the nation are leaning more and more to.

Having an effective safety program for your company just might give you the edge when dealing with a commercial account that is up for bid.

I apologize that I haven't been able to provide you with what you originally posted about but I was happy to see someone else concerned with the same issues I am.

Safety first, production second.

tiedeman
06-14-2003, 02:42 AM
I have pulled together dozens apon dozens of safety manuals, production, sales, service, etc just to make ours. Get lots of references from all types of companies, not just LCO's, and use them.

reneekrause
06-20-2003, 12:36 AM
:) Thanks for the response tiedeman and Darwin. Actually, I work for a National Design Build Developer as the Corporate Construction Secretary for the south district and therefore deal with safety concerns. I have been able to glean a lot of information from this industry but it is taking a lot of time and modifications. I was just trying to see if other companies out there have things in print such as safety, hiring, company policies regarding equipment care, maintenance, etc. Plus the normal when holidys are vacations and the like. My husband is very concerned with not just the company liabilities but the safety of our employees and not having to replace equipment all the time. You can get all the "lawn" magazines you want but I have yet read articles about where to locste some "standardized" forms.

Please keep us in mind if you ever come across documents of that nature and thanks again.

Renee Krause
Tip Top Lawns By Shawn

Small now but there is no ceiling to limit us...

Darwin
06-21-2003, 01:44 AM
Renee

www.Safetyinfo.com

check this site out, it is golden.

The cost is $220 approx. / yr.

But, you can do virtually anything with the info. that is provided to you on this site for a comprehensive safety program. Also, the cost of membership is much less then hiring a co. to prepare a safety manual for you.

You could even prepare safety programs for folks in all occupations..........................for a price.

If you cover your bases on all levels with a safety manuel..............not just limiting yourself to site specific actions.............In my opinion, it could protect yourself (to a certain extent) from unforseen projects that may come up on a jobsite.

Just my 2 cents.

I happen to think that everyone in this industry (or any other) should seriously address this isssue.