PDA

View Full Version : Demo'd Super Z today

DanG
06-12-2003, 11:31 PM
First of all i want to thank pj

He dropped off a 60" super z this morning and let me use it most of the day so i could run it side by side with my toro z-masters to give them a real world comparison.

Let me tell you this is one fast mower:)

On the job i used it on it ran circles around my 72"

And i wasn't even going as fast as the mower has the potential of due to the fact that it was kinda rough in that field.

I went maybe 3/4 speed across the largest field with one of my employees starting one swipe apart and by the the time i reached the other side of the field he was at least 100 yards behind me.

The cut it gave at that speed was as good as if not better then my toro's and laid down a nice stripe with the stock setup.

If i had the use of it for the whole job i figure it would knock of 4-6 hours off of the mowing time. And we all know time is money:D

Made a believer out of me of what they claim it will do.

I feel bad thou that i gave it back to him filthy due to the wet spots because of all the rain we've had lately.

Now all i have to do is convince the wife that i really need a new mower right now...:)

I believe he took a few shots of it in action (i wish i had my camera with me)

Dan

LAWNGODFATHER
06-13-2003, 12:10 AM
Glad you liked it, but with no dealer here stocking them they are useless.

EJK2352
06-13-2003, 12:22 AM
I demoed one and didn't like it. 2 problems I had were: 1-too low to the ground and couldn't climb some of the curbs that are no problem w/ my Lazer. 2- It didn't diperse clippings nearly as well as my Lazer and yes the blades were sharp and deck was scraped clean. I liked the speed but It is useless if you have to double cut every square inch of a lawn. I got so feed up w/ the discharge I put it back on the trailer and jumped on my Lazer. I was glad I brought the Lazer along. If you have an Exmark dealer close I would suggest demoing a Lazer before you lay the bucks down for a Super Z.

lawnmutt
06-13-2003, 12:53 AM
Hey LGF

Bird Equipment in Eureka MO (SIX FLAGS) carry Hustler. At a good price.

I just bought one 3 weeks ago. I hate to get on either Toro Z any more, that thing is one bad mower.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-13-2003, 01:35 AM
To far away. Thanks anyways.:D

I may play on one though.

mowerconsultant
06-13-2003, 11:51 AM
Here is Dan at work on the Super Z

mowerconsultant
06-13-2003, 11:52 AM
Another....

mowerconsultant
06-13-2003, 11:55 AM
This pic shows how wet this property is, and this is the only minor compared to the other areas.

mowerconsultant
06-13-2003, 11:56 AM

mowerconsultant
06-13-2003, 12:03 PM

DanG
06-13-2003, 06:20 PM
Pj,

Sure in the one pic you caught me steering as i usually do( one handed).

I must have been wearing new socks that day too:D man are they bright.

You should've hung out for another 20 minutes that day, They came out with a tray of sausage,peppers and onions on sub rolls for us guys but you had already taken off.

So John ate yours:D

I ended up there till 8:30 that night doing the last of the string trimming by myself after john left for bible study class at 4:30pm.

That made for a long day 7am till 8:30 plus the drive home.

I ended up eating dinner there too (BBQ chicken,mac salad and potatoe salad) and they gave me some to bring home to the wife since they know she's preggers which made her happy.

Dan

FrankenScagMachines
06-13-2003, 07:59 PM
What kind of place is it that it takes you all day and they feed you? Just curious... Sounds like a nice job to have! Do you get burnt out riding a Z all day?

jsaunders
06-13-2003, 08:20 PM
That's a nice big area. Are there any pics of the stripes the mower left- hard to tell from the pics that are posted. How well does the machine stripe stock? I demoed a kubota 60" with the 28 hp diesel and DIDN'T stripe at all, I was not happy. Thanks for the replys. I want to demo one real soon. What were the specs on the machine and more importantly $$$$$$$$$$. Joel

MacLawnCo
06-16-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by EJK2352
It didn't diperse clippings nearly as well as my Exmark and yes the blades were sharp and deck was scraped clean. I got so feed up w/ the discharge I put it back on the trailer and jumped on my Exmark. I was glad I brought the Lazer along. If you have an Exmark dealer close I would suggest demoing a Lazer before you lay the bucks down for a Super Z.

Complete ditto on that when i demoed the super WB. I got so fed up, i parked it and went back to my metro.

ULTIMATE LAWN
06-16-2003, 08:40 PM
Would this clipping dispersal problem be the same on the Hustler WB's?

Green in Idaho
06-16-2003, 09:17 PM
What kind of place is that? Someone's back 40acres?

It's wild to consider the differences in geographic areas.
Usually if someone has that big of a clearing around here, they plant crops in it!!

No one could afford to water that here unless it was returning some amount of money for a return. If someone has that much grass I don't think anyone in this area would consider mowing that large of a wide open area with anything less than a gang mower behind a tractor - schoolyard style!

So what's the difference between mowing that with a 61" and and mowing a 10,000 sq ft lawn with a 21' mower? Aren't both undersided?

Lawn-Scapes
06-17-2003, 01:26 AM
I hope to demo a Super Z one of these days :rolleyes:

plowboy81
06-17-2003, 01:45 AM
I have a Super Z 60" with a 25 Kaw. I bought it about a month ago. The Super Z will cross an 11" curb without hitting anywhere. There is no way that the hustler wouldn't cross a curb that a toro would. The hustler will blow clippings for at least 8 feet if not more and will spread them out. What I think we have here is someone who has sunk his life savings into a Toro and would die to have a Super Z. That's just what I see from my perspective. The price on mine was 7600 even before tax. Hustler came down 400 on the super only the day before I bought mine.

lawnmutt
06-17-2003, 07:33 AM
Roger that

I've had two Toro Z Masters for 3 and 4 years now, I just bought a Hustler super Z two months back. I cringe every time I have to get on the Toros now.

The Hustlers are that much better.

DanG
06-17-2003, 07:40 PM
In reply to some of the people who say i should try an Exmark.
I did.
And i tried Scags too for that matter. The dealer i use sells all three brands.

They are all good mowers.
But none of them have held up compared to my Hustlers 251's that i used in the cemetery's as far as amount of hours (4230 on one) I hope we can land a dealer around here because I'd buy another one.

When i bought my 72" I told them to get either me a Toro or an Exmark, which ever they could get their hands on fastest. I would've preferred the Exmark for the greater offset on the trim side which would've come in handy near the pond.

This place is a banquet facility, it has two indoor rooms that are used for weddings and such. One room seats 300+, and the other seats a little more.

Outdoors they have three pavilions which they use for cookouts.
The smallest holds 150-250 people and the largest holds over 600.
On the grounds(60+ acres) there are three soft ball fields, 8 volley ball courts and 12 horseshoe pits. Plus lots of open areas.

Dan

chitwood
06-21-2003, 12:01 AM
I demoed a XT2800-60 chopper then the super z with the 27hp kol. The chopper was O.K. but my new super Z will be ready Tues.:blob3: