PDA

View Full Version : Doubles on Exmark Wb

X-mow
06-12-2003, 11:59 PM
Has anybody ever used doubles on an exmark walk behind ? do you need a bracket If so Where do you get one?

LAWNGODFATHER
06-13-2003, 12:08 AM
Nope don't need a bracket, my Wbs cut just fine with singles though, but at times doubles do end up on them.

Auroris
06-13-2003, 12:15 AM
Have briefly tried doubles on my TTHP and did not use brackets or anything special. Just double the blades and bolted them on.

In all honesty, I'm with LGF... it cut fine with singles and the only difference I really noticed with doubles was not really in the cut itself, but in the lift. I'm already happy with the lift running singles. Exmark did really well in their design, which (in my opinion) goes for their blades, too.

ULTIMATE LAWN
06-13-2003, 12:21 AM
doubles can cut your time in half in real heavy growth, otherwise stick to single.

SpudsM15
06-13-2003, 01:08 AM
This is my first year useing a comercial machine. I got a viking hydro 32" I bought it becasue everyone on here seems to be raving about the quality of cut... I don't know if it is me or what but I am not to happy with the quality of cut of my viking. It is missing blades of grass all over the place it can't be that i'm moving to fast because i don't even have a sulky yet. I'm walking so figure 3-4 mph i think the mower can go 6.5...
I've had it set on 3 1/2" becuase its been raining everyday...
Blades are sharp, engine is always on full throtle... could it be i have the mower up to high???
I'm bagging with high lift blades, tried mulching but that made it even worse....

LAWNGODFATHER
06-13-2003, 01:13 AM
Spud check the pitch/rake on your mower make sure the back of the deck is higher than the front.

To measure this find a level surface and put the blade so it is going front to back, then measure it 1/8 to 1/4 " higher in the back.

Ignore Ultimate, he makes no sence.

Scag48
06-13-2003, 01:34 AM
Auroris-Are your running the mulch kit on the new toy? I need more lift right now, going to see what my dealer recommends. I thought about putting doubles on my TTHP, but I'm not sure if I want to.

BTW, how are you liking the new machine? :D

Auroris
06-15-2003, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by Scag48
Auroris-Are your running the mulch kit on the new toy? I need more lift right now, going to see what my dealer recommends. I thought about putting doubles on my TTHP, but I'm not sure if I want to.

BTW, how are you liking the new machine? :D
Ran the Turf Tracer HP discharging for the first few days. I wanted to get a good feel for the mower and see what discharging would be like on this machine. After three days of having to be "oh, so careful" of the discharge, I ordered the mulching kit. It is sooo worth it. The eXmark kit does a beautiful job, leaving most places looking like they've been bagged. I've had to double cut a couple of times in areas of heavy growth.

I've tried gators and also spun on doubles one day for some wet, "heavy growth" ...but took them off mid day and went back to the eXmark mulching blades - singles, by the way.

On my rig, the doubles were a lot for the 15hp engine to spin in heavy grass... even at slow speeds. Low growth - it worked good. Oh yeah, I got lots of lift (too much maybe - lots more blowout in the front of the deck), but in all honesty, I wondered if it actually may have slowed me down a little because of the increased load on the engine. Anyone know for sure? I didn't run them long so my experience was limited.

Scag48 - I am LOVING this machine now. It stripes well with the mulching kit and single blades. What I did do was raise the back of the deck one pin-hole to increase the pitch, and got better stripes that way. Got that idea from the recent "deck pitch" thread. Let me know what you go with or what your dealer says.