PDA

View Full Version : Rain 4 Sale

LAWNGODFATHER
06-13-2003, 01:12 AM
I can bottle it up and sell it to you all, or I could use some help with the big fans to blow it in your direction.

Anyone needs any we have plenty here in St. Louis regional area.

Come and get it. Come one come all.:angel:

I am not complaining, but I think the rest of this week will be a wash. The rain is fine, it's the torrential down pours.

DLCS
06-13-2003, 01:20 AM
Don't point those fans north. We don't need it up here, at least not tomorrow anyway. :p

lawncare3
06-13-2003, 01:32 AM
Please send it here. :)

rodfather
06-13-2003, 06:03 AM
Thanks, but no thanks. We have plenty:D

fatboy5803
06-13-2003, 06:41 AM
Were getting the right amount of rain here, the lawns are loving it.

Lou :cool:

MOW ED
06-13-2003, 07:15 AM
Tuesday washed us out up here. We got almost 2" in a day. WOW are my fertilized lawns popping. I just wish it would get warm. Only been in the 60's.

Premo Services
06-13-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
I can bottle it up and sell it to you all, or I could use some help with the big fans to blow it in your direction.

I am not complaining, but I think the rest of this week will be a wash. The rain is fine, it's the torrential down pours.

Just store it somewhere and in august when it won't rain, let some of it out... But the humidity is a real killer.;)

C & S
06-13-2003, 07:46 AM
Don't worry Mow Ed, It's supposed to be in the 80's next week.

DanG
06-13-2003, 09:50 AM
I checked the stats for my area.

May- It rained 21 days out of 31, and we got 1 1/2" over the normal amount.

June- so far this month it's rained 8 out of 13 days(And it's raining again today):(

Everything is mud,low spots are so wet you sink in up to your ankles just walking. I have some wet spots that haven't been mowed in a month.

Dan

Ajays
06-13-2003, 10:00 AM
Here in NC it is forcasted to rain for the next 10 days straigt. I saw this on line at weather.com on Monday morning so I started at 6:00 am and worked till 9:00 pm Mon, Tues, and Wed and finished all my props. Now I'm just kick back till next week and hope for a break in the rain.

bastalker
06-13-2003, 10:27 AM
Yeah LGF we have had our share of rain!! Kind of puts a damper on the scheduling.

Hey we could be in a drought!:mad:

working 3-4 14 hour days in between. But I would much rather do that then sit in the house watchin the grass dry up..

Bring it I say!!!!!! and break out the doubles........:D

fblandscape
06-13-2003, 10:43 AM
We have some over here, and I REFUSE to pay the bill. PLEASE for the love of G-d reposess it! :p

Heron Cove PM
06-13-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER

http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/roflmao.gif

turfcare
06-13-2003, 11:19 AM
We have had plenty in Tennessee but not enough to slow anything down.

drobson
06-13-2003, 11:22 AM
Yeah same deal here. I can't remember 2 days in a row without rain over the last month. I'm so far behind on my schedule, I hope I can catch up before the snow :D

Looking better for the beginning of next week, if I work 18 hours a day for about a week I might catch up.

yardmonkey
06-13-2003, 12:21 PM
Has rained heavily in Oklahoma for probably about 10 of the last 12 days. Starting to really get to me! Doing some tree trimming, working in my own yard, doing odds and ends - getting WAY behind on mowing. At least I understand by now that this happens sometimes and rain is good for the plants - but man, this has been a LOT of rain. And of course the customers understand - they know its been raining - no need to even call and explain. A day or two of rain can really set me back - but this has been insane! Oh, well - good to have a break from the long days......

mdb landscaping
06-13-2003, 12:24 PM
NO RAIN NEEDED HERE! its pouring as we speak. heres a pic of my own lawn i cut after just 5 days!! No need the pass the blower after huh?:D gonna rain saturday too. im double cutting every lawn, and some still come out looking like ****. red thread is running rampant as well. please spare me on the stripes not being totatlly straight, and i have two passes in the same direction in the front of the circle bed.....was trying to finish quickly cause it was starting to pour. i dont think ive cut my own lawn yet when it hasnt been raining.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-13-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by yardmonkey
And of course the customers understand - they know its been raining - no need to even call and explain.First bright sunny day they will call and ask where you are..........

If this keeps up, the 500 year flood of '93 will be back.

NCSULandscaper
06-13-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Ajays
Here in NC it is forcasted to rain for the next 10 days straigt. I saw this on line at weather.com on Monday morning so I started at 6:00 am and worked till 9:00 pm Mon, Tues, and Wed and finished all my props. Now I'm just kick back till next week and hope for a break in the rain.

I hear ya bud, just finished up all my properties to get ready for more rain this week. Looks like another couple days of vacation time.

ULTIMATE LAWN
06-13-2003, 06:34 PM
Excessive rain seasons drive up the demand for mowing services for 2-3 years. Rain also drives out the scrubs & wannabees.

Let it rain.

C & T
06-13-2003, 08:40 PM
I hate to work Sunday but looks like it's gonna be a make up day to catch up. :(

fatboy5803
06-13-2003, 08:48 PM
Fortunately we've had it good here lately. Just enough rain for the lawns, then stops long enough to get everybody on the schedule. I hope you's guy's get better weather soon.....
Good Luck.....

Lou :cool:

LAWNGODFATHER
06-13-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by ULTIMATE IDOIT
Excessive rain seasons drive up the demand for mowing services for 2-3 years. Rain also drives out the scrubs & wannabees.

Let it rain.

Drives up the demand how?

johnhenry
06-13-2003, 10:37 PM
Mike I know what you mean.We have had a ton of rain here .Some heavy downpours then the sun comes out and gets humid.We started mowing in the rain this morning and couldnt get a good quality cut with the rain and wet grass.First three properties we were soaked.But sun finally arrived by 11 and dried things out in a hurry.I am still 3 days behind on my route.And more rain is on the way.Got to luv the show me state:)

greenman
06-13-2003, 11:41 PM
Even though we've had alot of rain, actually cloudy with down pours, a lot of lawns(Bermuda) are not as green as they should be. Why? Is it lack of sunlight because of the clouds? Dull, light green to yellow spots and areas.

leeslawncare
06-13-2003, 11:54 PM
rain ===Ching Ching. $$$$ . the only thing is ,this year we gotta find out a way to get it !!!