PDA

View Full Version : Running with only part of the bagging system on?

GarPA
06-13-2003, 06:24 AM
Well stupid me started mowing 2 new accounts this week (side by side homes) that I probably underbid given the time it took me for the first cut...I know I can shave time off after I've mowed a couple more times... but ...I'm probably going to have to bag these until growth slows so I dont have to go over them 3 times and still have grass clumps laying around. Have only used my Exmark Ultravac for last years leaf pickup and since I dont bag... ever..I'm still learning the vac syestem. Occasinally I see guys running around with only the hopper lid on their z's...I assume the rest of the bagging system in in their trlr or truck. I dont have room in the trlr for the hopper lid but I can store the impeller, bags and chute...Do any of you guys mow with only part of the system on??I assume letting the clippings blow thru the chute and out the hopper will make a mess on the turf?? (on me too). It would be nice if I could leave the whole assembly on except for the bags....yes Hoss this is probably a stupid question but I ask lots of stupid mower questions as you know....thanks guys for any hepful hints....ps I know the hopper lid is wider than the mower which is a problem at times but I can work with it if I'm careful...

John Gamba
06-13-2003, 06:38 AM
I Did It Yesturday, But You Can Leave the Bag's On If You Want. Take Off the weight's if You Use Them.
John

GarPA
06-13-2003, 06:42 AM
John ...I assume that you disconnected the belt so the bags didn;t fill?? if so, how do the clippings move out of the deck?? thanks

John Gamba
06-13-2003, 06:54 AM
Blower OFF! I've Never run With the Blower On and No Bags. I;ll try it If I Get a Chance to.
John

GarPA
06-13-2003, 07:09 AM
me too...we might as well find out what happens

65hoss
06-13-2003, 08:41 AM
I've been known to leave the lid and bags on and take the chute and blower off. Use it for side discharging. Nothing wrong with that. Just don't forget it is behind you when your in tight places. :)

Don't just take the bags off and let the grass fly thru the system. That will allow objects to fly from a higher spot and you will risk hurting someone or others property.

GarPA
06-13-2003, 07:48 PM
Amen to that Eric...my hopper lid has a few permanent dings in it because I forgot how wide it is....good point you make (as always) about the higher angle of projection if the bags are off and the blower is running. About an hour ago I went over to my storage garage and picked up the vacuum parts....every time i pick up that hopper and the blower I think....man is this thing heavy and bulky....I sure wish it wasn;t such a beast to handle....I think it makes me avoid using it sometimes when I should...its well made for sure...and yes Eric its raining again...this weather is nuts...we have had measureable rain for 57 out of 83 days this "spring"....people are starting to give up on having their mulch done....flower and plant sales are way off...I feel really sorry for 2 of our largest flower/plant supply stores...they have had 3 awful years...one of them is about to go belly up I think....and we think we have it bad...imagine owning a golf course.....they have lost thousands of rounds this spring and cant make it up...farmers are sucking air too...sorry to go off topic here Eric but this thread is pretty much history....thanks again for your words of wisdom