PDA

View Full Version : raised prices this year and still coming

tiedeman
06-14-2003, 12:48 AM
My last 2 weeks of experience that I must share:

I just recently raised my prices about 2 weeks ago because we are getting around 4 to 5 new customers a week and its starting to get a little overwhelming. I could possibly start up another crew, but I'm just not ready for another one yet.

I even raised up our minimum price from $20 to $25. I raised up my acre price from $50 to $56. But they are still coming. I have only received 3 NO's since raising up prices. I even started a week ago charging new customers double for their first cut and they seem perfectly fine with it.

Am I just running into good customers or is the economy finally coming around??

STAN1366
06-14-2003, 01:47 AM
Probably depends of the type of neighborhoods you work in. Some people just have to have you because their friend recommend you to them because of the work you do. People do talk and compare notes and if someone's happy they'll let their friends know it. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll do fine.

mtdman
06-14-2003, 09:21 PM
I've had the same problem, and I'm not looking to start a crew at all. So I've had to just tell new inquiries "no" and turn down work. It kills me, but I am working my buttocks off just to get my work done now.

Where in Michigan are you?

:D

tiedeman
06-14-2003, 09:55 PM
located in Clare. What about you?

AztlanLC
06-14-2003, 10:05 PM
It's funny cause i'm in the same dillema, I think people really appreaciate quality, at the beggining of the season I saw an ad in one of the deli's sometimes I stop by and saw this ad " $10 most properties " I got a little piss, because this guy is posting this ridiculuos prices for everybody to see'em and then I tough, next time I'll go to give an stimate people is going to expect a low low price, but I don't even advertise anymore and people calls me all the time.

And just today I saw a different ad on the same deli from the same guy (I'll post the ad sometime later) "Free lawn Maintenance" Call for details, I think he couldn't get enough customers with the $10.00 price

wriken
06-14-2003, 10:26 PM
I hear ya, busy as all get out.

mtdman
06-14-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by tiedeman
located in Clare. What about you?

Ann Arbor. Originally from Saginaw!

:D

Rustic Goat
06-15-2003, 02:36 AM
You mentioned your minimum in your post, if that was your average, sounds pretty low in the first place. I know that depends on numerous factors also, neighborhoods, economy in that 'hood, etc.
That's the kind of problems you want to have though. Next, see if they become permanent on the customer list.
What kind of shape are these 'new' yards in when you get to them?

PaulJ
06-15-2003, 10:37 AM
Quit your WHINING:cry: To much work is a great problem to have. I wont even say what my prices are because I would probably get flamed by the $ a minute guys. Lets just say I am in a very rural area and the town I work in is small to a lot of people( pop.20,000 ) . The biggest companies here are the cheapest and their work shown it. It's been tough to find people willing to pay for quality here. I'm not the most expensive either.

JUst buck up and start another crew, get larger or more efficient equipment , or turn down or drop all but the prime accounts.