PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Maryland Cookout and Competition POSTPONED

Richard Martin
06-14-2003, 03:13 AM
The Second Annual Maryland Cookout and Competition will be held at 1:00 PM Saturday, June 21 at Blobs Park in Jessup Maryland.

The address is:

8024 Max Blobs Road
Jessup, Maryland 20794

Come on out for a day of fun and food at the Second Annual Maryland Cookout and Competition. Bring your best equipment for the competition because if it's anything like last year we will be splitting hairs to see who wins overall!

And speaking of winning Gambrills Equipment is giving away prizes this year.

First place: Stihl FS80 String Trimmer
Second place: $50.00 gift certificate
Third place: $25.00 gift certificate

The Competition includes:

Trimming Events:

Wide Area Trimming
Trimming Along A Border
Edging

Mowing Events:

Appearance (Don't take this lightly, this was the difference in winner last year)
Mowing Around A Triangle
Stripping And Mowing Efficiency
Mowing Speed
Straight Line Mowing
Fastest Mower

Hot dogs, hamburgers and sodas are on the house! You are encouraged to bring a covered dish!

Vendors should contact George Pusloskie at 410-969-3947.

For competition and rules info contact Richard Martin at 410-798-0432

Potomac Lawns Inc.
06-15-2003, 12:29 PM
Sounds like fun. I will try and make it this year if the rain ever stops and i get caught up.

Steve:blob3:

Gravely_Man
06-16-2003, 04:18 PM
Richard, This sounds like a great time hopefully my schedule will allow me to attend this year and finally get to put some faces with the names.

Gravely_Man

Richard Martin
06-16-2003, 06:37 PM
I look forward to seeing all of you here. We will have a good time.

Lawn-Scapes
06-16-2003, 11:49 PM
Richard,

I really hope to make it. Hopefully the weather will hold up but it's looking kinda ify. It will also depend on whether or not my truck is fixed by then.. it's been in the shop for one week and counting now :(

How was the turn out last year? How many LCOs from Lawnsite showed up?

Richard Martin
06-17-2003, 04:01 AM
All in all there were around 30 people in attendance. Around 8 were from LS and LF. I do expect to have a better turnout from LS and LF this year.

Jimbo
06-18-2003, 05:43 PM
Have fun guys!!

I wish I could make it down but I am going to be too busy once again. I guess thats a good thing.

Jimbo

Richard Martin
06-20-2003, 02:58 PM
The Second Annual Maryland Cookout and Competition has been postponed until September 6, 2003.

The reason we are postponing it is because of weather. With the incredible amounts of rain this week (1.3" today alone) and rain forecast for tomorrow we felt it best to wait a while. We also called a few people who were going to attend and they said that they would rather use tomorrow to try to clear some of their backlog of work.

You can count on the event being held in September.

Gravely_Man
06-23-2003, 10:34 AM
September will be much better for me to attend. Thanks for the update Richard and hopefully I will be able to make it this year!

Gravely_Man