PDA

View Full Version : "fax Me Your Info"

KODIAK
06-14-2003, 02:38 AM
NEED ADVICE.
I CALL SEVERAL CONTRACTORS AND ASK IF THERE IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO DO ANY WORK FOR THEM "NEW LAWN SEEDING, LANDSCAPING". I ALWAYS GET THE REPLY FAX ME YOUR INFO.

DO I JUST SEND A FAX SAYING .06 PER SQ. FT. $600. MIN FOR NEW LAWN INSTALL. I WOULD LIKE TO BID ON ALL LANDSCAPE PROJECTS.
WHAT DO THEY EXPECT ?
I ONLY HAVE ONE CONTRACTOR AS A REFERENCE. THE REST ARE RESIDENTIAL.

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT. NEW TO LAWN SITE

Bob Minney
06-14-2003, 08:51 AM
I would fax them info about your company such as what work you do and equiment capabilities, we are liscened & insured etc. I would leave the price out and discuss that when they call & ask or show interest.
I would also follow up with direct mail to the same people plus phone maybe once a month to see if there are any projects to bid.

geogunn
06-14-2003, 10:22 AM
do you have a fax? you can make an informational sheet on your word processor, and even attach graphic or pics and send by fax modem.

true your sales program should include cold phone calls, but cold calling in person at the office and job site will be more productive.

if I understand your question, you are looking at new installations. I would think to be able to get much sub work you would need to be full service new installation which would include moving and hauling soil, final grading and some sod work.

good luck and welcome to lawnsite.

GEO