PDA

View Full Version : stihl multitask tools or edger and trimmer?

cntryboymc
06-14-2003, 05:14 PM
any thoughts on stihl kombisystem?im considering something like this with an edger,adjustable hedge trimmerstring trimmer attatchments.or would it be better to buy each separately?which stihl models do you recommend for each?how much for each piece individually?

ffemt1271
06-14-2003, 05:17 PM
my thought is this. if the engine dies--then you have NO equipment. thats why i purchased seperate equipment

a1 lawncare
06-14-2003, 06:36 PM
if your a one man crew you'll only be limited by what ffemt said, but if you have a crew wont somebody be twiddling there thumbs sometime. oh yea, welcome to lawnsite

tazz
06-15-2003, 12:48 AM
I have used the stihl interchangeable for 3 years with great success. helps with storage space and offers a good choice tools. I have the hedge trimmer chainsaw rototiller and edger attachments why pay for separate engines for each?

Camelot Gardens Uk
06-15-2003, 03:24 AM
I have a Stihl FS55RT with string trimmer, hedgecutter, lawn edger. Had the engine and string trimmer stolen in March, also have Shindaiwa AH230 so went on with this. Now trashed Shindaiwa on chain link fence so have ordered new Stihl engine $300 as have lots of hedges booked.

Only fault I find is the bolt that secures the various attachments has to be replaced occasionally as the thread strips due to lots of change overs "commercially" would last longer for a home owner.

MTR
06-15-2003, 03:36 AM
I have FS 85 RT and KM 85 R powerheads, using both interchangeably with my trimmer, edger, and 22" hedgetrimmer extensions, great and powerful machines. Love it. Try to save some bucks for pruner head later this year for cutting tall trees 'branches. I think you have 2 powerheads interchaneable you should be set for success.
Once engine is hot, there is no stop cutting...