PDA

View Full Version : Hydro Pumps When do you know when there bad

Quail Creek LC
06-14-2003, 06:21 PM
Guys I have a 2 year old scag walkbehind hydro. The last couple of days when turning, one side just dont kick in very well. Its like I have air in the line. I tried to bleed it some more and I still am having problem. Is my pump going bad or is there still air in the line. I have about 25 hrs on the new fluid and filter. Any suggestions. Thanks

pjslawncare/landscap
06-14-2003, 06:32 PM
Mite check belt tention/condition for that pump. If it slips under resistance it feels like weak hydro motor

FrankenScagMachines
06-14-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Quail Creek LC
Guys I have a 2 year old scag walkbehind hydro. The last couple of days when turning, one side just dont kick in very well. Its like I have air in the line. I tried to bleed it some more and I still am having problem. Is my pump going bad or is there still air in the line. I have about 25 hrs on the new fluid and filter. Any suggestions. Thanks

Mine's that way on one side (the other side was replaced in the last year) but it's 11 or 12 years old. I just put my pinky and ring finger above the pistol grip and push down coming out of a turn or on hills. When I first got it I thought maybe weak springs so I replaced them both helped a tiny bit but still sluggy like you described. I'm sure it was because the right side pump was replaced last year and the left side one is weak, just a guess.

Eric

Quail Creek LC
06-14-2003, 07:53 PM
Its not constant, but when it does do it I squeezE the handle a couple of times and it resumes back to normal. Doesnt the belt drive both pumps? If it were the belt wouldnt both sides react the same?

Quail Creek LC
06-14-2003, 08:32 PM
I just went out and messed with it a little more and I think I found the problem. I believe my problem was in my linkage. Down where all the linkage and springs get attached, it was hanging up in there somewhere. I sprayed some lube on all the linkages and a bearing down there and everything seems to be back to normal. The real test will come monday I guess. I was hoping it wasnt a pump and I'm almost positive I have the problem solved. This was a new one for me. Thanks for the help guys.