PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy one of the Ebay Sentars??

Doc Pete
06-14-2003, 07:31 PM
Has anyone bought one of the Sentars on Ebay, from the place selling them in Maryland??? Wondering if they are as good condition as they say??
Thanks,
Pete

Planet Landscaping
06-14-2003, 08:17 PM
I got a stander from Md 38 hrs never cut grass. Showroom cond. Good honest peolple in my opinion and dealings.By the way I love mine.:blob3:

Duncan Lawn Care
06-14-2003, 10:14 PM
I bought a 2002 Wright Sentar 6125 Commercial Lawn Mower with 77 hours on it. The mower is awesome!!!!!! Fast, makes very quick turns without damaging the grass, holds steep side hills with no problem, also produces a great cut . But that's just my opinion.

Builderman
06-14-2003, 10:50 PM
I bought one of the 6125 Sentars with 23 hrs, like new. Works great and I love it! Built like a tank. I have put about 10 hrs. on it and have not had any problems or complaints.:)

Doc Pete
06-14-2003, 10:59 PM
Thanks guy's,
I understand that some of the original units had a belt problem and were fixed under warrantte. Does anyone know about this, or is that just with the standers and not the Sentars???
Pete

brucec32
06-18-2003, 01:45 AM
I'm curious, have any of you Sentar users used ZTR's before? How do they compare?

If the Sentar turned like a stander and didn't damage turf, it'd be a good alternative for small/medium lawns. But I'd rather sit back and relax on the 2 hour long jobs.

I wonder if they ever considered putting a detachable seat on a Stander for bigger jobs?

Planet Landscaping
03-08-2004, 05:51 AM
Another one now.

thfireman
04-06-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Doc Pete
Thanks guy's,
I understand that some of the original units had a belt problem and were fixed under warrantte. Does anyone know about this, or is that just with the standers and not the Sentars???
Pete

I was told by a rep that the first models of Sentar had a belt problem due to the fact that the pullys or something were offset and it ate belts. Now the engine is mounted to the deck. When you adjust the deck height with the quick adjust the engine moves with the deck. Just the same when the deck glides up and down with the roll of the lawn the engine ride up and down with the deck. Cool design and works great. It also helps to keep the center of gravity down with the deck and in return you get a great hill hugger!:D

Tbarchaser
04-06-2004, 11:17 PM
I hate to burst your bubble guys...
The problem with the the first sentars was the 10cc pumps kept blowing. The new ones have 16cc pumps and a few other upgrades. You will know if you have the new one if you see any red linkages on the hydros.