PDA

View Full Version : Mower Decks

cuttingedgefargo
06-15-2003, 03:40 AM
I was wondering if anyone has tried to "beef" up the Walker deck or any deck for that matter. We have the 48GHS and it seems like the deck is really weak and it doesn't take much to put a dent in it. Haven't had any problems yet, but with employees running it, you never know what could happen. We are thinking of bending some iron and putting it in around the edge of the deck. Any ideas would be helpful.

cuttingedgefargo
06-15-2003, 07:03 PM
Any Ideas?

CMerLand
06-15-2003, 08:37 PM
I have had my walker since 97 and the deck has held up very well under alot of abusing employees. The only repair weve had to make was to weld new steel along the outmost left and right sides of the mower deck that had been worn down from rubbing up against buildings and along curblines. In fact, need to do it again just havent had any time this year yet. The only other suggestion is when mounting brand new blades, lower the deck from the fully vertical position, so you can rotate the blades completely around the deck. Sometimes the blades will contact a spot on the deck preventing the blades from spinning.

A few taps with the five pounder and your on your way again.

CMerrick

ULTIMATE LAWN
06-16-2003, 12:55 AM
Never had a problem with a Walker deck. Only decks we seem to bend & crack are on the Toro's.

Scag48
06-16-2003, 01:58 AM
I had a Toro that had a stamped deck that was super thin, banged that one up pretty bad. The carrier frame on that thing sucked too.