PDA

View Full Version : Exmark on Ebay, good price?

ProLandscapes
06-15-2003, 07:03 PM
I found this on ebay. Is it a good price? Also there is a Honda mower they have also, what do you think about that?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2329437899&category=519&rd=1

ElephantNest
06-15-2003, 07:59 PM
What price??

John Gamba
06-15-2003, 08:08 PM
I Think the Current Bid Is a 1,ooo Dollars, thats not Bad For a 14Hp Kaw On a Fixed Deck Viking. If It Has Only 300+ Hours Then That's Not a Bad deal. It Is a Little Underpowered But worth it. John

ElephantNest
06-15-2003, 09:53 PM
$1000.00 is the minimum bid, which is also the starting bid. I thought maybe he saw a "Buy Now" button or something.

ProLandscapes
06-15-2003, 10:21 PM
There was no buy it now for it. I am seriously thinking about this machine and the honda. I am not sure if I can come up with the money this far from the first though.

ksland
06-15-2003, 11:16 PM
with those add-ons I wouls say its worth $2k

ULTIMATE LAWN
06-16-2003, 12:53 AM
The after -market hr. meter intalled on new mower is likely a bogus claim.

Richard Martin
06-16-2003, 05:16 AM
I'm with Ultimate Lawn. Something isn't right with that mower. Why did they take the hour meter off to sell it? And if all he wants is $1000 why didn't someone locally buy it? A person usually only lists on Ebay as a last resort. I could get an easy $2000+ for that mower here.

goodbeus
06-16-2003, 07:11 AM
Yea, I've been watching that mower as well...I have one just like it I've been using for parts and I'm about to rebuild it for a back-up...figure it would prolly take about $1000.00, then saw this mower...I doubt I bid on it cause it's in Washington and I'm in Florida :(

brucec32
06-18-2003, 01:35 AM
I disagree with Richard Martin. I have sold two commercial mowers on Ebay for top dollar and not because I couldn't sell them or they had problems. Both ran perfect and were in great shape. I just wanted an easy cheap way to advertise where I could show PICTURES of how nice they looked and room for a thorough description and reach a much bigger audience than the local paper for less money. I have been shuffling around my "fleet" this Spring and have one there for sale now. It's a great mower but I need the cash more than I need a 2nd walk behind sitting in the shed not getting used.

I would, however, be wary of sellers w/o high feedback. I bought a mower there advertised as "runs and cuts great" and the PTO was dead on arrival. He had bypassed the safety bar and even then it didn't work. The only reason I bought it there was because it was dirt cheap and I happened to have the parts it needed to get running again. I sold both of my previous mowers to local buyers, but they found my mowers on Ebay. Buying w/o inspection is risky, but if you can lay eyes on it before paying, that's much safer.

MCGRAIL LAWN
06-18-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by ULTIMATE LAWN
The after -market hr. meter intalled on new mower is likely a bogus claim.

Not Sure If It Is Bogus Or Not.
I Installed Them On Alll My Mowers. $50.00 And You Know When A Belt Should Be Going And When To Change The Oil.

However I Do Think It Might Be Bogus In This Case Because 300 Hours Is Very Low So I Would Have Kept The Meter On The Unit To Prove The 300 Hours.

Also Since It Is Aftermarket It Could Have Been Installed Who Knows When Or After How Many Hours.

Who Knows How Many Hours Might Realy Be On The Mower