PDA

View Full Version : Home demos for non commercial folks

WeedSeed
06-15-2003, 10:50 PM
Is it unreasonable to ask to demo a $6000 to $10000 ZTR. Most of the dealers around here only have one unit in a given size to sell. I have been to dealers in other areas that seemed to beg me to climb aboard and run it around for a while. The local dealers seem to not want to volunteer any seat time. It leaves me wondering what kind of response I will get if I ask to have one brought out to my place to demo.

What is the customary demo duration? I know for commercial mowers, they run them for a couple of days or more. Won't that pretty much make it a demonstrator and cause the dealer to need to discount it a bit?

Trying to decide what will work best on my bumpy pasture turned to yard.

Weed.

grass lover
06-16-2003, 06:52 AM
Weedseed, My local dealer was great. I was looking at Hustler and Exmark in both residential and commercial models. My dealer let me demo 5 different models on my yard over a three week period. Each time he let cut my yard and it took roughly an hour. Those demo's were what convinced me to purchase the full commercial model. If your dealer won't let you try in on your property, find a new dealer.

hboyd_com
06-17-2003, 03:15 PM
Most dealers should allow a demo... they shouldn't care whether they are getting their $8k from a homeowner or a LCO. You should only need to demo it for a hour or two depending on your property. LCO's sometimes get to demo them for a day or two so that they can use them on the different properties that they are going to service. You should be able to make an informed decision after using it on your property once.

The dealer I know typically has a demo model that they use for all demo's and then discount it at the end of the year.