PDA

View Full Version : Highlifts/Gators Hitting the Baffles

battags
06-16-2003, 12:47 AM
At the advise of many on this site, I'm running doubles on my 52" Bobcat w/b. I have highlift gators on the bottom and regular highlifts on top.

The problem is that I'm having to use two blade spacers for the high lifts to clear the baffles above the blades. With doubles and the spacers, the spindle bolts won't go high enough for the nut on top of the deck to screw down tight. Also, I'm lowering my blades much more than my customers like thier grass cut.

Should I,
#1) file the tops of the high lifts down 1/8 to 1/4 inch to clear the baffles and bolt securely? This allows me to not need an additional spacer but I'm sacraficing lift.

#2) Get longer bolts? This will not help the height of cut problem but they would be secure.

#3) Notch the baffles so the elevated part of the blade can pass and have the room to bolt securely? Will this mess up my baffles and how would it affect my cut running singles?

I'm sure I'll have to clarify some part of this post so you can all see what I'm talking about. This might be the final motivation to go out and buy a digital camera!

Brian

ULTIMATE LAWN
06-16-2003, 12:50 AM
Using a smaller blade on top may help.

battags
06-16-2003, 12:53 AM
Forgot to add that.... I tried running regular blades on top and the highlifts on the bottom. Same problem, but to a lessor degree. The highlifts still hit, I need the second spacer, and the bolt won't clear the nut....

plowboy81
06-16-2003, 12:54 AM
I don't have a Bobcat so I am not sure of your setup. I do run the gotors on top of highlifts on my Super Z. My bolt only screws into the spindle on the bottom. I am guessing from your comment that yours has a bolt and a nut? Can you raise your deck to compensate for the difference? If you can't, then maybe you could get a regular set of gators that aren't high lifts. Maybe this will help. I could be wrong as I don't know your mower.