PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day Frights

Envy Lawn Service
06-16-2003, 01:10 AM
Well, I had to mow today and boy was it a lousy day of it. I just bought some Gator blades and tried them with the mulch kit. So I decided I wanted to see how they did today with no baffles and side discharging.

Lawn #1 was a little high and has some Buckhorn Plantain in it. It was high with the seedhead and the mower didn't like cutting it. So that ended up being my first double cut and I left some divots too.

Lawn #2 I was darting in around a swingset, got caught and nearly turned the mower over. I almost had myself a heart attack!

Lawn #3 looked sorta overcast all over with brown when I pulled up. I unloaded and started cutting without an inspection since I was trying to make up for the double cut and the calm down time from the near accident. I was wanting to hurry home. Well I start cutting and the discharge looks like pine needles coming out. Millions of thin, long, dead grass blades lifting out and blowing everywhere. It looked horrifying.

I even got rained on before I was done! What a day.

:angry: :cry: :angry: :cry: :angry: :cry: :angry: :cry: :angry: :cry:

fatboy5803
06-16-2003, 05:00 AM
I tried Gator Blades on my Scag 36" W/b with mulching kit and didn't care for the cut at all.. Since I've found a new blade that I purchased from a New shop in town, all he knows is it's a mulching blade????? I tried a set and love them.. Have used the Raptor blades and like them also. I'll try to get a Pic of these blades and some one can tell me what they are...

Lou :cool:

Envy Lawn Service
06-16-2003, 11:59 PM
Here is a picture of the aftermath that I took today when I went back to finish. Just lovely huh?

EJK2352
06-17-2003, 12:20 AM
Wow!!!! That lawn is loaded with disease!!!!!!

Runner
06-17-2003, 12:29 AM
Looks like Red Thread to me.

Envy Lawn Service
06-17-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by EJK2352
Wow!!!! That lawn is loaded with disease!!!!!!

Tell me about it!!!!! It's like that all over from one side to the other, not just patches. The blades are brown from the ground up. It went from fabulous to frightful in a little more than a weeks time.

:cry: