PDA

View Full Version : Doubles on PM 260Z

Matt'slawncare
06-16-2003, 11:04 AM
Does anyone run doubles on a Gravely PM 260Z? I emailed Gravely and they said that they dont make them cause of the stopping time. So i was just wondering if anyone runs them.

Piedmont Lawn
06-16-2003, 02:27 PM
Hi Matt,

I am trying it now with a Gator type blade on top and the standard Gravely blade on the bottom. It really pulverizes the clippings but I canít tell much difference in the cut or stripe. I have a set of mulching blades I am going to try next with the standard blades they should have more lift than the Gators.

Later

Matt'slawncare
06-16-2003, 02:53 PM
When you use doubles you put the top one so it makes the first cut on the grass then the other one right behind it and do you use the same bolt or a longer one to make up for the other blade. Also how much does it lower the cutting height and have you ever had any problems with them or the mower with the extra weight? Thanks alot for the help.

Piedmont Lawn
06-16-2003, 03:09 PM
Matt,

I put them in a + with the standard blade on the bottom, I use the same bolt it will lower your cutting height the thickness of the blade. No problems yet it just takes a little longer to start and stop them. I don't think this combo makes much difference in the cut just reduced clipping size.

Later
Kelly

Gravely_Man
06-16-2003, 03:24 PM
If the only reason Gravely gave for not offering this setup was a concern about the longer time for the blades to stop turning then I would give it a shot! I run doubles on every Gravely that I own.

Gravely_Man

Matt'slawncare
06-16-2003, 03:51 PM
Well you made up my mind im going to run doubles!! So what is the best blade combo to get the clippings the beating of there life?

Matt'slawncare
06-16-2003, 08:09 PM
I was going to put doubles on my machine tonight but when i was going to put them on i seen that the single blade as a spacer to fill in the hole of the blade so there for the second one wont have one? So what is the correct way to solve this problem?

Matt'slawncare
06-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Can someone please answer the question that i listed about? I know someone out there know's the answer.

Albemarle Lawn
06-17-2003, 09:26 PM
You can delete the extra thick washer and keep the belville washer.

What is the mfg. year of your 260Z?

KB

Matt'slawncare
06-17-2003, 09:32 PM
Its a Gravely!! There are two washers on each bolt. But there is a perminent piece of medal to make up for the space left in the blade, so how would i make up for it on the double because the second blade can move cuz with the extra room.

Albemarle Lawn
06-17-2003, 09:46 PM
The blade hole on your Gravely is 5/8" which is the same as the shouder cross-section diameter of the bolt.

You can delete the extra thick washer and just use the belville washer.

Just be careful not to hit stuff, the Gravely 260Z blade bolts are not known for their strength.

Also, engage/disengage your PTO at as low RPM as possible to extended the electric clutch life.

Ken