PDA

View Full Version : post offices/ fed buildings

ffemt1271
06-16-2003, 02:07 PM
does anyone on here do lawn services/landscaping at post-offices or other federal buildings? if so how do you go about getting the contracts? thanks

J&R
06-16-2003, 03:37 PM
Here in Chattanooga area each Post Office has a petty cash fund they pay me in cash after each cut. Just go in and ask.

Phishook
06-16-2003, 04:18 PM
I do the snow plowing at a P.O. The Post Master contacted me about it.

They mow it themselves. He probably takes cash out of the drawer.

tiedeman
06-16-2003, 07:34 PM
most the time when it comes to snow removal of sidewalks and mowing of the lawn they have a hired janitor. My family has been in the postal service for over 35 years and most of the time, if they hired work out the Union would go nutz. Snow removal of parking lots though I know that they give that out.

gene gls
06-16-2003, 08:49 PM
I maintain the local Post Office, small one. The Postmaster has to have every thing apporved by a purchasing agent . He is a pain in the butt and dosen't have a clue as to equipment or the size of the equipment. From what I understand, each Post Office has a cash kitty and a charge card to be used against thier monthly alotted budget. For work out side of our contract the post master dips into the cash kitty(money order). The Post Office is my stingyest customer. Last year it was full service, this year its just mow and blow.

Gene

jsaunders
06-16-2003, 08:57 PM
I take care of the lanscapes at 2 post offices in one town - I have no problems and make good money. 1/2 hr out of truck back in $85. the other 10-15 mins = $40. I don't have any problems with the post master( theres a new one every year) the main post office in CT sends the contract renewal approved each year. Maybe I do such nice work they have no problems with me;)
I got the jobs by going in and asking the post master when they look/ accept bids.
Joel

MDMowing
06-21-2003, 08:33 AM
We do our small main post office. Only takes 5 minutes to do.
They pay us by money order. I assume this comes out of petty cash for them.
They just called us one day and have been doing it for the last 5 years or so.

:D

grshppr
06-21-2003, 11:14 AM
I can't give you any advice on this one. We don't have a post office, we still wait by the road every Friday for the horse to ride in with our mail....and the horse takes care of any grass that needs cutting:(

LAWNGODFATHER
06-21-2003, 03:19 PM
I used to take care of a few federal buildings, all but the SS office we had to pass threw the secret service verification.

All was threw a Realtor.