PDA

View Full Version : Determining a mowers value

skinnyd
06-16-2003, 02:33 PM
Hello All

I am considering buying a mower and picking up some accounts part time. I have been pricing new mowers. I have been getting pricing of aprox $2500 for 36" belt drive models. I know of someone selling a Gravely 36" belt model. I am finding out how old it is. It has been used on a residential lawn. I am guessing it is aprox 3 yrs old. Is there a way to determine what the mower should sell for used?

Thanks
Ken

Gravely_Man
06-16-2003, 03:26 PM
Check out ebay as a great source of determining the value of a piece of equipment. This is what most of the pawnshops do.

Gravely_Man

sundayrugger
02-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Another estimated value question. I'm looking at a city auction. They have a 1995 Toro 44" walk behind with sulky. It was used for 4 years by a large commercial outfit then sold to this small city who only used it regularly for one year. They said it starts right up. Being that this is a city auction (sealed bids) I'm thinking it wouldn't be out of the question to try to get it for $800. What is your opinion?

MTR
02-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Belt walk = waste of money, part-time or full time, find a decent hydro and go for tt, will save you LIFE. All those penny pinchers running belt walks are now trying to sell their stuff and UPGRADE to hydro after sweating, swollen, sore for couple years.

Rev. Crabgrass
02-13-2006, 12:14 PM
If you are going to buy used make sure the machine has all the service records with it. That will give you an idea of how it was taken care of.

I have to agree with MTR, get a hydro. You will end up pushing a belt drive around and the reverse will most likely not work.

REV.

kmann
02-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Hello All

I am considering buying a mower and picking up some accounts part time. I have been pricing new mowers. I have been getting pricing of aprox $2500 for 36" belt drive models. I know of someone selling a Gravely 36" belt model. I am finding out how old it is. It has been used on a residential lawn. I am guessing it is aprox 3 yrs old. Is there a way to determine what the mower should sell for used?

Thanks
Ken
Get the #s off it and contact Gravely. They can tell you how old it is. Also if it was used only residential, it's probably got low hrs. I say 15 to 1700. But like someone else said check E-Bay and get an idea.

Ky.Smoke
02-13-2006, 06:00 PM
I saw somewhere the other day while searching for an owners manual a book that is kinda like Blue Book pricing. Maybe try to do a search.