PDA

View Full Version : Some of Our Equipment

Speedy
06-16-2003, 08:19 PM
I thought I would try to post a pic of some of our equipment. We are a 3 man crew, my 2 sons & myself. Hope you enjoy the pics(if I do it right). I like looking at the different equipment everyone has. We have a few more goodies in the shed..

grassdaddy
06-16-2003, 08:25 PM
Which do you like better the kubota or scags?

Speedy
06-16-2003, 08:57 PM
I like to think we have the best of both worlds. The Scags seem to handle better, being softer on the controls. But in my opinion the Kubotas out cut the scags. Would like to have all Kubotas, but the boys would kill me..

Doc Pete
06-16-2003, 09:47 PM
Hey now,
Looks you have the Kubota lawn tractor with the rear bagger. How's it bag and cut. I'm looking for something other than a rider with bagger. I like the fact that it bags through the center, better trimming.
Pete

Mickhippy
06-16-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Switchless@aol.com
Hey now,
Looks you have the Kubota lawn tractor with the rear bagger. How's it bag and cut. I'm looking for something other than a rider with bagger. I like the fact that it bags through the center, better trimming.
Pete

I would like to know that too. I almost got one a while ago but was worried that it wouldn't pick up as well a say a powerflow system. The width would be a bonus for gates etc, without a connection to a side discharge chute but how does it go in damper conditions.

Great looking toys you got there!

o-so-n-so
06-16-2003, 10:48 PM
Nice stuff Speedy..........

Speedy
06-16-2003, 11:03 PM
Pete & Mick, we are happy with the cut of the bagger and the grass has to be pretty wet before it starts to clog up in the chute. The 21 hp diesel is a plus for the power. Don't know what the blade speed is, but it sounds like a jet when you engage them. We like the 48" cut for the ease of getting in & out of places. It has one draw back though. You have to watch when you back up or you will back into something. The bag, if that is what you call it holds about 14 bu. and it packs it in there tight. We looked at the grass attachments for the scags, but don't like the side discharge. We had a scag cougar, but the blower to the bag kept going out so we traded it. So far so good on the Kubotas

jason r.
06-17-2003, 01:13 AM
Good looking mowers, speedy! What type of properties do you service?

What about all the 2 cycle stuff? any pics?

Envy Lawn Service
06-17-2003, 01:43 AM
I about fell outta my chair! People on here with a genuine interest in a "lawn tractor" ? I thought I'd never see the day!

:D

For those interesed in "direct collection" lawn tractors, there are actually several around these days. Besides the Kubota, John Deere has one called the LTR 180. There are still some older Simplicity/Massey Ferguson/AGCO direct collectors sitting around dealers that were left overs. I think White Outdoor has one now too.

To my knowledge, all of them collect really well. Most of them use 2 timed blades like the Walker to get the clippings to the center chute and into the hopper.

Speedy
06-17-2003, 02:18 AM
Jason r
We have business and residential ranging from 18 to 20 acres down to just a few thousand square feet. The ratio is about half & half.

Our 2 cycle stuff consists of Red Max & Stihl trimmers and blowers.

A Polaris 425 Expedition 4x4, 25gal 12volt electric sprayer and a 12v electric fertilizer and seed spreader that are mountable on the 4 wheeler.

21" Honda self propelled bagger.

An 8hp Little Wonder blower..Want to come up with a mounting system to put it on the front of the Tiger. This would save some time when blowing off large parking lots. :)

Richard Martin
06-17-2003, 04:06 AM
Speedy, check around on the Interent search engines. There are companies that make a Little Wonder front mount for Scags.

Doc Pete
06-17-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Envy Lawn Service
I about fell outta my chair! People on here with a genuine interest in a "lawn tractor" ? I thought I'd never see the day!

My "White tractor" cut's as good as my WB's on regular grass. I bought it for the wife, since I'm always out making money:blush: The white has the fender mounted hydro and I love it. That foot stuff is stupid and tiring.
Pete

Gravely_Man
06-17-2003, 11:36 AM
Thanks for sharing the pictures or your equipment. Get some signs made up for your trucks or trailers to do some advertising for you.

Gravely_Man