PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Metro 36"

Builderman
06-16-2003, 09:00 PM
I am looking at an Exmark Metro 36" with a 12 1/2 hp Kawasaki engine and ECS controls.
Is this going to be under powered? It will mostly be used for yards with a small gate and areas to small for my 61" ZTR. Would it be able to pull a Velke if desired? Also how is the price of $2,299.00?

Advanced Lawncare
06-16-2003, 09:06 PM
I dont have any power issues with mine, but I walk so I do not know about pulling you.

65hoss
06-17-2003, 12:00 AM
I've been running a sulky behind my metro for years. Only had to adjust the transmission belt once. The 12.5 kawi has enough torque to handle the job well.

Doogiegh
06-17-2003, 12:04 AM
I have a 32" Metro with the 12.5 Kawi and pistol grips.

The power is more than enough.

Just check your marketing area for backyards with gates.

Remember that a 36" machine is really like 37.5 inches wide and a 32 is 33.4 or something like that.

Your 36" machine may not fit thru a 36" gate.

That was my problem so I got a 32". Sure I lose 4 inches overall, but I can go everywhere without any problem at all.

My next machine to get would then jump to a 48".

So keep on growing in size by 50% (21", 32", 48", etc).

Gary

matt223
06-17-2003, 02:00 AM
i have two 36" exmarks. one with 12.5 kaw the other with 12.5 koh. both are good engines and have enough power. mine pull velkes fine (~160 lbs). Price is i think what i paid a couple yrs ago w/o ecs. only had to retension belts once so far. i don't have any problem with the belts slipping even when wet. would get a hydro if i had to do it over.

mikeshere89
06-17-2003, 03:34 PM
i used a the 36 metro for two years before i stepped up. great machine still have it and use it alot except for bigger accounts, i have never had a problem with it except for when i changed the oil and couldnt get the filter off but thats not the mowers fault. i used a sulky also with it and never had any problems.

teeca
06-17-2003, 03:54 PM
i have a 36" metro and the 12.5 is ok, but i tried running double blades and it was way to much. i also run a mulcher on it because the accounts i use it on are very narrow, about 5' wide and there is always traffic at this location, saves on the blowing time, and i think alot of possible insurance claims. with the mulcher installed, i need to slow way down (3rd gear max) on the ground speed, or it leaves a strip in the center of the cut about 1" wide. i keep the under side of the deck clean, and still have this problem. if you are going to use the mower alot, i would sugest going to the hydro model, you get a v-twin engine, more hp, less vibration, better wet condition performance. my next w/b is going to be a exmark 48" hydro to help get the pond/ditch banks quicker.

Doogiegh
06-17-2003, 11:53 PM
You might want to have your mower mulch kit baffles or blades or deck pitch checked, cause I use the 32 with the mulch kit and never leave a 1" un-cut strip down the middle. Never heard of such a thing, I don't doubt you that it happens, but something isn't setup right if it is doing that..

Gary