PDA

View Full Version : GIE St.Loius


greenman
06-16-2003, 10:42 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47220&highlight=GIE

Ok, I will be attending the GIE in St. Loius, now I just need to get reservations made. Where? Something pretty nice, not crappy. I know its still early yet, but I want to get everything planned out and ready.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-16-2003, 10:46 PM
What price range and how close?

You can email me Lawngodfather@yahoo.com

65hoss
06-16-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
What price range and how close?

You can email me Lawngodfather@yahoo.com

I don't need a room, I was planning on staying at your house.:eek:

LAWNGODFATHER
06-16-2003, 10:52 PM
I got your room reserved.;)

greenman
06-16-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by 65hoss
I don't need a room, I was planning on staying at your house.:eek:

You may need to ask his g/f first,lol.

ULTIMATE LAWN
06-16-2003, 11:05 PM
I have attended a few times over the years. Basically if you've been once there's not much point going back.

Turf Medic
06-16-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by ULTIMATE LAWN
I have attended a few times over the years. Basically if you've been once there's not much point going back.

Shucks, I'll bet LGF was looking forward to you stopping by for a couple of beers:D

cos
06-16-2003, 11:37 PM
Can I crash at your pad too, Mike?









J/K

LAWNGODFATHER
06-16-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by ULTIMATE LAWN
I have attended a few times over the years. Basically if you've been once there's not much point going back. Awe man my feeling are hurt...............

I was even going to let Turf Medic give you a beer.

You could of come to my house, and Jack and I would of had a wonderful conversation with you.

Hey COS if Hoss wants to share his bed with you, that would be fine......

cos
06-17-2003, 09:12 AM
I guess that means......... NO




LOL

65hoss
06-17-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
Hey COS if Hoss wants to share his bed with you, that would be fine......

Even better idea...I doubt Cindy really would mind giving up her side of the bed.

walker-talker
06-17-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by ULTIMATE LAWN
I have attended a few times over the years. Basically if you've been once there's not much point going back.

Obviously you have never attended the seminars. A wealth of information and many people to network with. As far as the expo goes....yes, I imagine most shows are pretty much the same.

Back on the subject, I did some research and found a Days Inn for cheap....$33 a night, but I am sure it's a slump. Here is the link http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=dspv&from=f&hwrq=EX012BFC6E99JGDC%249D%2482Vzf%2481Vz2%2170%2488%2435%240C%21H0%240A%216011000%24C0%24EC%24A0%24 0C%24403%24A1%240C%21A0%241A0Fy%242E.Ngvjf.%2428.mou.ljxjojya.%2429%218080fy.ngvjf%216%24FF%21R01000 3%21901000100010010000%2485%24B820%241A0Fy%242E.Ngvjf.%2428.mou.ljxjojya.%2429&itty=&itid=&itdx=&htid=21052&flag=l&rfrr=&favl=1&crti=0&&zz=1055868368590&

LGF, any comments on this hotel. I read some reviews from others on it and they all agreed....you get what you pay for. Another guy said it looked like they should charge the rooms by the hour. Is it really that bad? It's located on the corner of Tucker & Washington. By the map it looks like it's only a couple of blocks away from the convention center. Do you think it would be safe for a guy to walk from the hotel to the convention center?

Thanks
Matt

LAWNGODFATHER
06-17-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by walker-talker
LGF, any comments on this hotel. @ Tucker & Washington. If you want to be near the night life it's 2 blocks away, but baaaaaaad area. Around the corner you can stay for free at the shelters.

I would look for something around 20 min west of downtown St. Louis, for better hotels in better aeras.

Lemme do some looking I will see what I can find.

yardman1
06-17-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
I got your room reserved.;)

I quess that means that I have to get a hotel room.:cry:

LAWNGODFATHER
06-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by yardman1
I quess that means that I have to get a hotel room.:cry: Kevin, you going to make the trip?

yardman1
06-17-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
Kevin, you going to make the trip?

I do not know yet, when is it?

LAWNGODFATHER
06-17-2003, 07:05 PM
http://www.gieonline.com/

yardman1
06-17-2003, 07:10 PM
It being in nov. and being that far away from now,I just might cruz on up there.:D

rvsuper
06-17-2003, 08:03 PM
LGF-

Do they have golf equipment and products there? Might just take a ride down!!!

greenman
06-17-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER


I would look for something around 20 min west of downtown St. Louis, for better hotels in better aeras.

Lemme do some looking I will see what I can find.

Sounds good to me, better hotel in better area. I want something nice w/all accomadation (restuarant,bar, room service,etc.) If we get enough people, we can just rent out the whole motel/hotel for a couple or 3 days. What's 20 minutes west? the 270 loop or further?

DLCS
06-17-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
If you want to be near the night life it's 2 blocks away, but baaaaaaad area. Around the corner you can stay for free at the shelters.

I would look for something around 20 min west of downtown St. Louis, for better hotels in better aeras.

Lemme do some looking I will see what I can find.


LGF,

How about Lecleades Landing area is that a bad area? My buddies and I used to stay at the Embassy Suites whenever we would come down for the Supercross at the TWA dome. I didn't know that was a bad area. I was thinking of finding a hotel room in that area but now I'm having second thoughts. lol

LAWNGODFATHER
06-18-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by rvsuperintendant
LGF-

Do they have golf equipment and products there? Might just take a ride down!!! I don't see why not "Green Industry Expo, I think that includes golf..........

270 loop is about 20 min from down town.

Embassy Suites, is not bad right on the landing, and has good night life, becuase it is in that area, but 2 streets over and I wouldn't want to be seen walking there.

Marriot Westport is a good place, dont know rates though. 20 min from GIE plus in the Westport area with restaurants and night clubs.