PDA

View Full Version : Boron Blades

boronman
06-16-2003, 11:05 PM
Was wondering if anyone has used boron blades before. These are a good quality product as they are razor sharp to begin with and keep their edge very well. Generally i find exceptonal wear quality upwards of 30% better wear resistance than other blades I have used prior, and importantly, the need for me to resharpen them has diminished 3 fold. Best of all the boron blades are priced extremely well. I know they are available in Australia quite readily, is this also the case in the USA. Apparently they have a hardness of 52 Rockwell without being brittle. Thats extremely hard for a blade. Anyway have had great success with them thought others may like to know. :)

TLS
06-16-2003, 11:14 PM
Hey Mate,

Heck, I thought you Aussie's just bolted BOOMERANGS to your mowers' spindles! :D

Do you have a link to a manufacturer?

What brand mower do you use them on?

Tell us more Boronman!

Envy Lawn Service
06-16-2003, 11:37 PM
You have my attention as well:waving:

boronman
06-17-2003, 12:10 AM
No mate, we don't fit boomerangs to our spindles over here, but we do fit these boron blades.

I have run the boron blades on 42' walkers and an assortment of Toro machines, all with excellent results.

Have you heard of boron blades in the state's ???

Will email you some more details. I believe the manufacturer only sells them in Australia but am sure they would love to distribute in the US via a recognised supply chain, I reckon it would be a top opportunity for someone, would certainly provide an excellent competitive advantage. I will pass your details onto them if you like.

TLS
06-17-2003, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the site Boronman.

Here it is for the rest of us.

www.asproducts.com.au

I didn't see anything for Scag or Exmark though. Not sure how the exchange rate would go, and shipping would kill us!

I didn't think Austraila went Metric? Sure makes it tough to measure my blades as the longest metric ruler I have is 12" :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link though!

G-Day Mate!