PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Lesco Mowers

KLComp
06-17-2003, 12:34 AM
I was in a Grounds Maintenance magazine and saw that Lesco mowers are much cheaper than any other mower. Their hydro walk behinds are around 3300, which is the same amount as other brands gear driven. Their Z riders are from 6 to about 6500. Does anyone have any opinions about Lesco products? Thanks.

geogunn
06-17-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by KLComp
Does anyone have any opinions about Lesco products?

yeah. the archives should have a considerable volume of data.

I picked up supplies and parts at LESCO today and determined that the price you quoted for that unit is no longer available. it's about $3700 now. it should go back down on OCT. 01.

I run a lesco 48 belt. an older unit and it is a tough machine.

I hear the Z-2 is a realy nice machine. most people dis the viper.

and others dis lesco period as well as MTD as their latter roots are connected.

I say buy one.

GEO

wriken
06-17-2003, 08:35 AM
I have 2 of the riders, Yellow in color, but the same machine as a lesco. These are Cub Commercial. The newest one is a 72" with a 28hp Generac motor, getting close to 100 hrs already. Both of them I have had no problems with. I also have a 48" hydro w/b MTD Pro, with a 16 Briggs

bscill
06-17-2003, 08:37 AM
I have a Bunton Ztr 60" (which is made the same as the Lesco's, just differnet in color). I love it and have had no problems. I would recommend for the cost and the quality.

mtdman
06-17-2003, 11:00 AM
I just talked to a fellow LCO in the area that has purchased many machines from Lesco in the past. They are very unhappy with the product, and all of their Lesco machines are broken right now. Not to mention the Lesco in my area ships all repairs to another part of the state, they don't do any repairs on site and usually keep the equipment for months. I've never used any of it, but it's supposedly all MTD equipment anyway. I don't think I'd buy from them with all the bad stuff I've heard.

wriken
06-17-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by mtdmaster
I just talked to a fellow LCO in the area that has purchased many machines from Lesco in the past. They are very unhappy with the product, and all of their Lesco machines are broken right now. Not to mention the Lesco in my area ships all repairs to another part of the state, they don't do any repairs on site and usually keep the equipment for months. I've never used any of it, but it's supposedly all MTD equipment anyway. I don't think I'd buy from them with all the bad stuff I've heard.

Like I said , I have had no problems with the cub's. the lesco dealer is 100 miles from me and that did play a part in my dicision to go with a cub dealer, and I paid 300 more for the yellow version.

cajuncutter
06-17-2003, 09:13 PM
The only problem I would have with Lesco mowers is the service. I have a buddy that has the Viper and it is 2 1/2 years old. He has had 3 times the down time I have had with my Shortcut. I have had mine since 99. I do not doubt that they are good machines however there are only 2 guys that work at the Lesco shop here, I know them both personaly. They are really nice guys but when I got to have my machine fixed I want it ASAP. One thing you may want to check out is the service that your local Lesco has. If they have a full time mechanic on the grounds then I say go for it. If not then it is a chance you will have to take.

Gr grass n Hi tides
06-17-2003, 10:39 PM
I love mine, but they are brand new. Zero problems thus far. I went ahead and put on the foam "care free" caster wheels so I didn't have to worry them going flat. Do yourself a favor and get the foam wheels. That goes for any mower!