PDA

View Full Version : renters

Jim Feder
06-16-2003, 11:46 PM
the people that live next to me asked me if i would cut and do fert for them so this is next door to me I say ya tell them 25 to cut and 30 for fert ( do it when I do my lawn so give fair price.) things go good yard looks better then ever lady tells me so put invoice in mail box for 8 mowing and two fert dont here from them see the guy in the yard tell him I stop cutting at 250.00 owed he said ok. the next week comes around so I just cut my yard dont do theres two or three days go buy yard getting tall ( i just cut the lawn I dont have to go and ask for my cash.) so the lawn got cut with a 21 and it has been 6 days and still know cash what should i do?

Rustic Goat
06-17-2003, 03:33 AM
Consider it a lesson learned.
Why would you eight cuttings without getting paid?
How did you manage to do fert apps in that time period?

Approach the guy (with a witness of yours nearby) and ask what the deal is.

goodbeus
06-17-2003, 05:58 AM
Reasons like that is why I don't do neighbors or any other lawns in my neighborhood...

mtdman
06-17-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by goodbeus
Reasons like that is why I don't do neighbors or any other lawns in my neighborhood...

Amen. No neighbors, friends, or relatives.

:D

Gravely_Man
06-17-2003, 10:39 AM
I assume that you didn't have a contract so I would talk with them and setup a payment plan, take them to court or just figure it as a lesson learned.

Gravely_Man

TaussigLawnCare
06-17-2003, 11:26 AM
My best and favorite customers are my neighbors that I have been mowing since I was 10 never ave a problem with them paying up. When I have a problem of someone not paying I just send a letter saying they can make payments(if its a large bill) and if not we will have a collection agency calling.

turfcare
06-17-2003, 02:48 PM
I would start by talking with them about it in a professional manner and try to work something out. If that did not work, I would send them a letter by certified mail and give them maybe thirty days to have payment made in full. If that did not work I would probably take them to court. You do have to live next door to these people though so going to court might not be such a good idea. Sometimes it is bed to say "Lesson Learned" and go on.