PDA

View Full Version : I'm just starting out (got some ?'s)

FiNaL
06-17-2003, 12:29 PM
hey what's up everyone? I'm just starting out in the lawn mowing biz but i have been mowing since i was about 7. So far i got me a pick up a 92 dodge and i just got one of the new john deere L110 2003 i'm soon planning on getting a echo blower and stihl trimmer and a $100 push mower. I'm planning on just mowing residential lawns for now and saving up money to expand in the future. Anyways my question is Is there anyway to stripe with a normal riding lawn mower like the john deere L110? i have seen stripping kits that you can buy for some lawn mowers but is there any for the John Deere i got? And i got another question whats the best way to mow around trees and stuff? i have tried lots of ways like mowing all the way around the trees and then i have tried mowing straight beside the tree and then coming back down the other row and mowing the other side of the tree so which is the right way? ANd one more question does anyone know the laws in ohio about having a lawn mowing biz?? I know here you have to have a Vendors license but do u have to reg your Company name right away? And what do you all do in the winter time? snowplow? do you all just use a truck to snowplow or do you guys use snowblowers too to do small drive ways and side walks? And can a normal truck that is not a 4x4 have a snowplow on the front? Because i have been told they can't so what is the real deal? Like can a 1992
dodge D150 have a snowplow? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANKS!:D

ffemt1271
06-17-2003, 07:00 PM
try contacting a deere dealer and see if there is a striping kit available. if not it cant be very hard to make one. as far as the plow-we dont get snow down here bt it seens like the plow on a 2 wheel drive would be a bad idea