PDA

View Full Version : How can I raise my price mid-season?

ConPro
06-17-2003, 07:01 PM
With all the frustration I have had during the month of May, rain and illness, its been laughable at peoples patients during these acts of God. I am trying to weed out all the constant complainers and jobs that don't make us much as others; i.e. single cuts as opposed to multi lawns. How could I state this to people with out mass rejection? Example- $26 cut is now $30, if they fire me, they fire me?

BSDeality
06-17-2003, 07:04 PM
i've had success going from $20-24 or $26-29. it's a mental thing, they hear $30 and they're in a whole new price range.

TaussigLawnCare
06-17-2003, 08:54 PM
I am wanting to do this to maybe 3 bucks each one and maybe use the whole gas and raising expenses or something excuse.

cos
06-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Hmmmmm

I guess I would tell them that in recent times you have seen expenses rise in the way of fuel prices etc. Then tell them that you tried your best for as long as you could not to raise prices. Let us know how it works out. Give us an update.

Gr grass n Hi tides
06-17-2003, 10:46 PM
If you're weeding out constant complainer, heck give them a price hike & who cares if they drop you. Right? I don't know about clients you want to keep though. Sounds like a gamble. I would not spring a price hike on them mid-season. I would try to hike the bad clients & if the bolt, fine fill the time slot with a good account.

bobbygedd
06-17-2003, 10:59 PM
dear mrs. smith, we currently service your property, and look foward to doing so in the future. operating costs are at an all time high, and we are forced raise our fees slightly in order to exsist. starting 7/1/03, there will be a $3 per week increase in your service fee. if u have any questions feel free to call. it is our pleasure to serve you, sicerely xyz bob

cos
06-17-2003, 11:07 PM
I like that bob.

bobbygedd
06-17-2003, 11:20 PM
check it out, i have raised prices over the years, and have never lost a customer over it. its always $2-$3. now, if u have 40 customers, and can squeeze an extra $3 out of each of them, thats $120 a week! $480 a month! nice raise huh? ok , thats, $200 extra a month in the savings acct, and $280 for, beer and horse racing. god bless america

jeff_0
06-19-2003, 11:43 PM
me i haven't needed to raise my prices yet.. i'm a solo person most of the time.. and i give a price that makes me happy to go do the job.. i do hear a lot that they have gotten lower prices or the last person did it for less but i still got with my price.. about $60 per acre.. i do have one person that there price will raise next year.. i gave her a low price because of personal issues she was having..