PDA

View Full Version : Photo of the new no spin, no slide tail kit from Walker!

nlminc
06-17-2003, 09:00 PM
Here's a fellow member of Lawnsite working the demo. Must be thinking about that Rodeo in town this weekend. :D

Duncan Lawn Care
06-17-2003, 09:53 PM
I'd hate to see what he'd do on a steep hill.

Green Finger
06-17-2003, 09:59 PM
Actually he is posing for the camera. Needs to lean a little more:blob3: :blush: :blob4:

KDLAWN
06-19-2003, 12:24 PM
lol.. a rear wheel lock will work wonders ...

Remsen1
06-19-2003, 12:35 PM
What is he mowing? It looks like it is already too short!

battags
06-19-2003, 01:00 PM
It looks to me like you southern boys need some of the rain that we've been getting socked with! Either that or you digital camera doesn't pick up the color of that grass very well.....

karlInSanDiego
06-19-2003, 01:34 PM
Is that some kind of pedal operated locking mechanism for the 3rd wheel castor in the rear of a front deck mount ztr? If there was such a thing, I suppose that it could act a bit like a rudder, right? I was thinking that something like that would help on the front castors of the front mount deck. But optimally you'd have some sort of steering mechanism like a helocoptor pedal that would rudder the casters slightly uphill, and then release for turns.

I wonder if you could build something (or a manufacturer could start engineering them this way) that would apply upward turning bias on front castors as you traverse a slope, based on an incline sensor built into the deck. Sort of along the lines of how a sway bar reacts to a wheel's compression by compressing the opposite side, thus lowering the car while maintaining a level car.

My front castors don't have a bias to return to straight, but if that happened, the return to straight position could be mechanically rotated based on weight differential between the two castors.

KDLAWN
06-19-2003, 02:04 PM
the rear wheel lock on the Walker is electronic and operates by flip of a switch. on the walker , it helps heep the rear from sliding downhill when your on a slope. especially when the grass catcher is full. with the walker all the weight is really on the back because of where the catcher is. it takes hills pretty well in my experience.. YES walker does make this rear lock optional with there mowers. this lock also works good to keep your lines straight when striping...

Gravely_Man
06-19-2003, 02:18 PM
That is some very nice brown grass!

Gravely_Man

nlminc
06-19-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by battags
It looks to me like you southern boys need some of the rain that we've been getting socked with! Either that or you digital camera doesn't pick up the color of that grass very well.....

Well.....that photo was shot with a Nikon 35mm. There is no tail lock on his Walker. The hill is a lot steeper than the photo leads you to believe. We just thought it would be fun to post the picture. This Lawnsite members name is Bill, (plantpoet) The turf is Bermuda and was being scalped at 1" to prep it for topdressing. That's why it looks short and brown. The end results will make this lawn look like a putting green on a GC in a few weeks.
It's a Southern thing! :D I just moved here from the North 6 months ago and Bill has been teaching me the ropes down here. He's beeen a great teacher and friend to me. Believe me when he first told me I had to scalp the turf here, my eyes kinda rolled out of my head. Up North it's unheard of....different climates and grasses. I hardly dropped the deck on my Walker below 3" during my years in business in MA.

Maybe I'll post some photos of the end results of these topdressed Bermuda lawns in a week or two for Y'all to see!

Chris