PDA

View Full Version : bosslady gave me a raise

bobbygedd
06-17-2003, 09:23 PM
check it out. there is an old lady i cut. she had asked her neighbors guy if he would do her lawn, he said no cus he uses a walker and there is a slight slope and he didnt want to scalp it. she sees my add in paper, and we get the job. its a tiny lawn, 12 min to be exact, and thats when we edge too. well, it absolutely must be done on wednesday, no ifs ands or butts. we missed her last wednesday(rain) so she grabs the guy with the walker, and he cut it. phone call today:" i promise ill never do that again, i was just so worried when i didnt see u, and im giving u a raise, $5 a week, every week, from now on. u do such a good job, that other guy made a wreck out of my place, please come on wednesday" . its nice to be appreciated

roscioli
06-17-2003, 09:30 PM
Good deal bobby- Gotta like people like that, sadly, i haven't encountered any this year. Congrats!

ElephantNest
06-17-2003, 09:31 PM
Good job! Quality counts.

AztlanLC
06-18-2003, 11:59 AM
At tge beggining of this season one of my customers quit on me, she said " Well it's not that I don't like you guys, is that I found someone who's goin to do it for half the price " I polite reply "No problem we all want to save money somehow, I can't offer you the best price around, but I can offer you the best quality, if things don't work out good you have our number "

Last month she called, " Hi I'm xxxxname and I really missed you guys, if you can fit me in your schedule I would appreciated it, I'm sending you a check with full payment along with the sign contract that you send at the beggining of the year, if you can not put me back on your schedule, please call me and send the check back.

I did call her like in ten minutes after she did, and expalined that she didn't have to pay for the whole contract since we're 4 cuts ahead, she then said "well the check is in the mail, do some weeding or something extra if you want, but I don't expect a refund, thanks you"

Gravely_Man
06-18-2003, 01:49 PM
Bobby, That is great to hear of a customer being pleased and give you a bonus.

Gravely_Man

eddy13
06-18-2003, 04:30 PM
Quality and politeness go a long way. I like what you tell your clients AztlanLC.That's very good tact.
-Ed

ULTIMATE LAWN
06-18-2003, 07:18 PM
I guess she likes the Murray push mower you use over that big bad Walker.

bobbygedd
06-18-2003, 08:18 PM
wrong forest. walkers, i believe, are garbage to begin with. i have yet to see one with resonable cutting quality. sure, they are great for pickup, but a bad cut imo. i use a 21 on the slope, and a 48 on the back.

Darryl G
06-18-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by ULTIMATE LAWN
I guess she likes the Murray push mower you use over that big bad Walker.

Why don't you concentrate on growing up a little? Your constant sophomoric jabs at Bobby really get tiring!

Don't you have anything better to do than follow him to every post and write something stupid?!?!?!

bobbygedd
06-18-2003, 09:11 PM
you tell him darryl. wow, someone stuck up for me, wait till i tell my wife, she wont believe me, but im tellin her anyway. be right back

Darryl G
06-18-2003, 09:13 PM
Bobby - And that goes for you too!:D

bobbygedd
06-18-2003, 09:16 PM
ok, ok, im shuttin up. im really shuttin up, im really, really, really shuttin up. :D