PDA

View Full Version : Cub Cadet Commercial Tank....Comments?

IndianaDave
06-18-2003, 12:06 AM
I am seriously considering a Cub Cadet Tank with the 19 hp kaw and 48" fabricated deck for use on my residence (no commercial use). The only reson I am even considering the Tank is because my brother-in-law is the largest Cub Cadet dealer in this area and will offer me service that no other could match.

However, based upon the comments on this site, I have serious reservations about the quality of the Tank. I would hate to buy inferior equipment just because my sister's husband sells it. My first preference would be an Exmark Lazer HP 48" but he does not represent Exmark.

Are the negative comments on the Tank justifiable? Can anyone offer specific comments either positive or negative on the Tank? I am curious how well it compares to the Exmark since that is my benchmark.

plowboy81
06-18-2003, 12:15 AM
Let me begin with, I have a Hustler Super Z 60" 25hp Kaw. I love it. I don't think there is a better built mower on the market. I demoed the Toro, Exmark, Cub, Walker, Great Dane, Gravely, and thats all. I didn't like the way the Tank handled. Just didn't fit me. Of course it was the 60" or the 62", which ever they have. In my opinion, I would buy the Exmark over the Cub. The cut is twice as good if not even better. The exmark stripes very well and the tank would only leave tire marks. Exmark has been in the business much longer and know more about commercial mowers. Don't get me wrong, the Cub is a good mower but not quite the mower an exmark is. If it is only residental, any commercial grade mower you buy will be good. Good luck. Let me warn you, this site is kind of partial to Exmark, so that will probably be what you hear most about.

IndianaDave
06-18-2003, 12:25 AM
Plowboy;

How would the Hustler Mini-Z's (23 hp Kaw, 52") cut quality compare to the Exmark? Any comments on how the two would compare in other areas? I have a really good Hustler dealer nearby that would give me a good price on a Mini-Z.

Thanks for your response.

plowboy81
06-18-2003, 12:31 AM
I really like the Mini Super Z 52". It is just like the full size Super Z but smaller. I think the Hustlers cut better than the Exmark. The blade tip speed is a little higher. Hustler warranty is hands down the best in the commercial mowing business. Two year entire mower, three year on the spindles, and lifetime on leading edge of deck and entire frame. If that ain't standing behind your equipment then I don't know what is. They are also faster than the rest of the smaller mowers. At first that didn't mean much to me but it does because I can finish cut with mine faster than most can run wide open. The reason I would get the Super mini vs. the regular mini is for the seat and the bigger pumps and engine. Good luck. I would definitely demo the exmark and hustler and you can decide.

IndianaDave
06-18-2003, 12:43 AM
Plowboy;

Any experience with the Hustler mulching kits and how the quality of cut is affected by having one? I don't really want to mulch for the sake of mulching; I only want to eliminate blowing grass into my landscape beds.

Thanks again

plowboy81
06-18-2003, 12:49 AM
I don't have one but have been thinking about getting one. I run gators on top of the stock high lifts. Works really good. Makes it stripe better and cuts up the clippings very well and I don't have as many clippings coming out as did before. Last night, the Hustler mower consultant posted free stuff. Hustler has finally come out with a striping kit for their mowers. He needed eight people to demo them before production. I luckily was able to get one for free. I am really looking forward to trying it out. I will let you know about that.

IndianaDave
06-18-2003, 01:18 AM
Plowboy;

So would you recommend the Hustler Super Mini Z over the Exmark Lazer HP?

plowboy81
06-18-2003, 01:23 AM
Yes, I definitely would. I have heard complaints on the exmark but never one complaint on the huslter. The only bad thing about the hustler is that it don't have air conditioning. Ha Ha Ha.

65hoss
06-18-2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by plowboy81
Yes, I definitely would. I have heard complaints on the exmark but never one complaint on the huslter. The only bad thing about the hustler is that it don't have air conditioning. Ha Ha Ha. Wrong. There are complaints on both mowers. Every mower out there has some problems. Hustler and eXmark both have had their share.

Hustler and eXmark are probably the best 2 mowers on the market. The differences in working conditions are almost non-existent. Demo several mowers on YOUR properties to see what you like and what fits you best.

lawnrangers
06-18-2003, 06:18 PM
i have 2 tanks1-54in. 1-60 in. cut over 500 hrs no problems with
either one...yes i did buy a new hustler super z,mainly because
of speed and handling on hills...dont get me wrong i like the tank very well,but the hustler will outcut it, hands down........demo demo, demo....