PDA

View Full Version : "Footprint" on various ZTR's

battags
06-18-2003, 09:35 AM
Ok, this is a question for all of you guys who have various brands of ZTR's. Recently I was in a discussion with another LCO about how wet the ground has been lately. The conversation shifted to how well ZTR's do in soggy conditions and which ZTR has the smallest footprint or best dispersion of weight to the ground through tires.

Any horror stories? Do the ZTR's really tear up the ground about the same? Also, I'm aware that each machine is different (weight, tires size, etc.) but want some thoughts on the issue.

Thanks,
Brian

NCSULandscaper
06-18-2003, 02:34 PM
I use a Toro Z Master and there is a swamp area on my property that i keep maintained with turf but its still soggy all the time. If you walk through it you will sink up to your ankles if not more. But i took the ztr through it the other day to mow the grass and it never got stuck or made too bad ruts at all. The only evidence tha ti was in there was the mud covered grass tracks the tires make but thats it. The wider the tires you have the less PSI you have on the ground.

Gravely_Man
06-18-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by battags
....The conversation shifted to how well ZTR's do in soggy conditions and which ZTR has the smallest footprint or best dispersion of weight to the ground through tires....

Thanks,
Brian

You want a very large footprint to disperse the weight and this helps prevent rutting in the lawn.

Gravely_Man

battags
06-18-2003, 04:52 PM
Gravely Man - dispersion of weight is what I'm referring to....